Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb BAM question

Past Administrator

Re: Dumb BAM question

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Sorry but you put them in the wrong sub-folder. Those two files should go into the /etc/boinc-client folder.

Edit: Also that is the folder where cc_config.xml goes if you use one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    There is an /etc/init.d/boinc-client script, but no subdirectory. /var/lib/boinc is the home directory for boinc and is read at startup.
    Well, /etc/boinc-client is where it goes for my Linux distro, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx).

Try this. Do a file search from root for global_prefs_override.xml. That file exists by default in BOINC and the other files should reside where this one is.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Well, /etc/boinc-client is where it goes for my Linux distro, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx).

Try this. Do a file search from root for global_prefs_override.xml. That file exists by default in BOINC and the other files should reside where this one is.
    I'm running Fedora. I just figured it out. The port was locked down. Opened it up and it's all running fine. Just one more box to figure out (Win XP).

Thanks.

Past Administrator

Great. BTW I have an XP box and those files go in the BOINC DATA directory. So if you intalled BOINC using its defaults that directory is located.....

The default directory where BOINC will install the data files to is:
    Windows 98/SE/ME: C:\Windows\All Users\BOINC\ or C:\Windows\Profiles\All Users\BOINC\ *
    Windows 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BOINC\ *
    Windows Vista/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\BOINC\ *

The above came from here.

Edit: Forgot to mention that BOINC's DATA directory may be a hidden folder. So you will need to disable hidden folders in Explorer in order to see it.

2nd Edit: How to show hidden folders in XP
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 05-25-11 at 07:39 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12