Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DrPop's Last Stand

Platinum Member

Re: DrPop's Last Stand

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Does nobody know how to make front panel cables long enough? You would think wiring cost $100 a foot. It's the cheapest thing they put in the case and the one they're most stingy with. You can see in the picture below how the front panel wires have to go over the top of the GPU and the zip ties I had to use to keep the wire out of the GPU's fan.

It's obvious to me that cable is supposed to go under the Mobo

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Does nobody know how to make front panel cables long enough? You would think wiring cost $100 a foot. It's the cheapest thing they put in the case and the one they're most stingy with. You can see in the picture below how the front panel wires have to go over the top of the GPU and the zip ties I had to use to keep the wire out of the GPU's fan.
    I found some extenders at Cables To Go a couple years ago so I could get an internal card reader to reach the connectors on the MB which was a 36 inch run. I can't remember for the life of me what the actual name for the things are called. The only other place that I could find at the time that had them were out of the UK.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Hmmm...Try DNETc or MW and see if the production is better? I'm glad you got her cranking, man! Sweet.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    It's obvious to me that cable is supposed to go under the Mobo
    I don't know if you were joking, but I decided to try it. It works pretty well. I installed an I/O plate and a side panel fan today. I figured, while I have the board out, I might as well try it.
    6r39 7r199

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567