Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DrPop's Last Stand

Gold Member

Re: DrPop's Last Stand

One should be a GTX 465. Dont know about the other.

Diamond Member

Awesome!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Are they 5xxx or 6xxx cards?
    To build on what Joker said: the one is a GTX 465. Unfortunately it won't bios mod to 470 like Joker's, but it does O/C pretty well.
    The other two are GTX 460's - one is ASUS and one is Galaxy. So I have 3 new CUDA cards in all. Plus the HD5870 and then Joker's HD5830 on loan, and Kat's 4870 on her account.
    That ought to net us some good RAC.

To top it all off...my brother just split the cost of another AMD X6 CPU with me, and it will go in his rig. Kat will get the AMD X4 back and I'll Ebay the Sempron - unles someone here wants it (unlocks to a dual core on a decent mobo). So...a net gain of 5 cores there in about a week + the 8 cores from BOK.
    So I'll be up 13 cores, for a total of 24 AMD cores. Itching to get them all running.
    Now, I'm OFFICIALLY DONE with upgrading for a while.

EDIT: Here's a screen shot from Trigggl compiling Gentoo from scratch - thousands of miles away! Man, is he fast on that screen...

Long live The Team and good Ol' USA! Crunch 'em proud, boys!
    Last edited by DrPop; 04-21-11 at 11:10 PM.

Silver Member

Dr. Pop. / Mr. Jed Smith.

Almost feels like a Jed Clampett coming out of my mind, guy out in Cali making it a legit way. I'm sure I speak for myself when I say thanks. If any one else whats to do it they can do it on there own. Men like you don't have last stands. They have many stands, always for the better. You are not a Custer but a Lee a man that spends his life fighting for what is right.

We do not 1/2 the time see the same thing. In fact that's prob twice as much as anyone else has seen the same as I. The team unites behind you. You are a smart man so use that, use that to push SUSA to the next chapter!

PS. Caseless computers are sexy!
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    To build on what Joker said: the one is a GTX 465. Unfortunately it won't bios mod to 470 like Joker's, but it does O/C pretty well.
    The other two are GTX 460's - one is ASUS and one is Galaxy. So I have 3 new CUDA cards in all. Plus the HD5870 and then Joker's HD5830 on loan, and Kat's 4870 on her account.
    That ought to net us some good RAC.

To top it all off...my brother just split the cost of another AMD X6 CPU with me, and it will go in his rig. Kat will get the AMD X4 back and I'll Ebay the Sempron - unles someone here wants it (unlocks to a dual core on a decent mobo). So...a net gain of 5 cores there in about a week + the 8 cores from BOK.
    So I'll be up 13 cores, for a total of 24 AMD cores. Itching to get them all running.
    Now, I'm OFFICIALLY DONE with upgrading for a while.

EDIT: Here's a screen shot from Trigggl compiling Gentoo from scratch - thousands of miles away! Man, is he fast on that screen...

Long live The Team and good Ol' USA! Crunch 'em proud, boys!
    Caught in the act of fixing the date.

I'm at the kernel compile stage. I'll be starting that tomorrow morning.

As I'm sure is obvious to Bok right about now, yes, we are using screen. I think screen has got to be one of my favorite apps.

I have cluster ssh connected to both pc's, so the install is happening on both at the same time. Can't wait to see how fast the install goes with 8 cores working on it, or boinc for that matter. We'll be crunching before a GUI is installed, that's if we even bother to give them a GUI. Well, I guess it would be good to have one Linux computer in the house with a GUI.

Thanks to DrPop for trusting me to be on his network. Though, since the rest of the computers are Windows, he has nothing to fear from me. I wouldn't know how to hack them if I wanted to.

Oh, and by the way, thanks to DrPop for the hard drive you gave me a while ago. That's in my daughter's computer that we exchanged the P3 for right before the P3 became an overclocked dual core. (basically jacked up the hard drive and installed a new computer)
    Last edited by trigggl; 04-21-11 at 11:49 PM.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

Thank your wife for us DrPop.

Advisor - Stateside Division

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post

As I'm sure is obvious to Bok right about now, yes, we are using screen. I think screen has got to be one of my favorite apps.
    Indeed, screen is a very under utilised piece of software. I use it extensively and have for many years both at home and in my work. I ALWAYS try to show people why they should use it!

Silver Member

Congratz Doc!.....

But me thinks you need a spankin' and Joker said he was up for the job! Now if he can't muster it up, I just may have to step up to the plate.

Yo-

Gold Member

Spank me baby one more time...

Past Administrator

Thanks all for the kind words. Really appreciate the comaraderie here these days.
    And yes, yes, all in good time. I'm sure you'll rocket past me in daily credits again like I'm standing still, and all know I would welcome the increase for the team. But, please- let me at least get them all running and pulling down over 1Mil / day before we have any spankings going on here!
    I'm just glad to be able to post a rally point for the team this time around.

Oh, one more thing - I should probably mention we're about to get a little help from some friends, too...you guys know who you are so thanks!
    Last edited by DrPop; 04-22-11 at 02:41 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast