Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DrPop's Last Stand

Past Admin

Re: DrPop's Last Stand

Very awesome setup DrPop!!

Glad I have been of some assistance for you. So looking forward to push S.USA even further!! Only 8-10 days left.
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28´th December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Now, I'm OFFICIALLY DONE with upgrading for a while.
    You say that now... wait a few months when you can find a GPU to upgrade a slight bit more...

EDIT: Here's a screen shot from Trigggl compiling Gentoo from scratch - thousands of miles away! Man, is he fast on that screen...
    This happens if you get a coder doing something he actually likes. Fingers just start flyin.

GregK

last stand! for a second there i panicked thought you were splitting. your a great leader drpop without you i dont know where we'd be now. thanks man for bringing this team back together this team used to care for eachother and our position then i think we lost that for a tad thats until drpop and all you guys decided enough was enough and here we are! i feel like this team is much more positive and competitive than before the other teams know with fear we are coming back!!

trigggl man your talent floors me! thank you bro for all your doing for the team!!

Past Admin

Awesome job Doc.!! Thank you for your kind words and your dedication to the team. Great job. Do you have any empty PCI-e slots?

Past Administrator

Thanks, it's all for the team. Hmmm...empty PCI-e slots? What are those? hehehe just kidding!
    Well, truth be told, I do have 2 more empties; one in KAT and one in DrPop. Well, 3 I guess if you count the extra in my bro's rig - but that might require a PSU upgrade in his as well...so only 2 "real accessible"

But shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell the Mrs. DrPop! I'm honestly walking a fine line here at this point...not afraid to say it out loud that I love her and if I spent the $$$ to fill those two remaining slots at this exact here moment in time...er... let's just say I have my suspicions it might not turn out so well. She has been pretty easy going about this last round...I'm thinking I should hold right here on the expenditures. For a bit, of course.

Silver Member

Thanks, it's all for the team. Hmmm...empty PCI-e slots? What are those? hehehe just kidding!
    Well, truth be told, I do have 2 more empties; one in KAT and one in DrPop. Well, 3 I guess if you count the extra in my bro's rig - but that might require a PSU upgrade in his as well...so only 2 "real accessible"

But shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell the Mrs. DrPop! I'm honestly walking a fine line here at this point...not afraid to say it out loud that I love her and if I spent the $$$ to fill those two remaining slots at this exact here moment in time...er... let's just say I have my suspicions it might not turn out so well. She has been pretty easy going about this last round...I'm thinking I should hold right here on the expenditures. For a bit, of course.
    That just gives you time to save up for the good stuff

Platinum Member

Way to go DrP! Tell the wife she can start her own blog on the servers and talk to poeple with like ideals all over the world. Whether that happens or not eh. Should keep her distracted for a while and liking the new hardware. Can't wait to see those things pumping out credit. As far as our friends go, I hope they decide to stick around for a long time. There is really a place for everyone around here. No need to venture elsewhere. Go team!

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Gold Member

We have two new booting Gentoo systems. I'm installing the nvidia-driver and boinc as I type.

We might have these things crunching tonight or tomorrow morning. It will be soon. Perhaps I should start them off on the BlackOps account?

DrPop is out of pocket at the moment, so I didn't ask in time where to put them or under what account. With the cuda, that's definitely going to Primegrid. Aqua with the CPU's? (4 cores each)

Is this something I should be discussing in team only?

These things compile a kernel lightning fast.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    We have two new booting Gentoo systems. I'm installing the nvidia-driver and boinc as I type.

We might have these things crunching tonight or tomorrow morning. It will be soon. Perhaps I should start them off on the BlackOps account?

DrPop is out of pocket at the moment, so I didn't ask in time where to put them or under what account. With the cuda, that's definitely going to Primegrid. Aqua with the CPU's? (4 cores each)

Is this something I should be discussing in team only?

These things compile a kernel lightning fast.
    Trigggl, This is awesome! you should put them under your name and see how long it takes him to figure it out
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

GregK

lol trigggl are you having fun? nice magic there your creating! i cant wait to watch the credits sky rocket!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast