Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World Community Grid: OpenPandemics - COVID-19 Now Running on Machines with Graphics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member

World Community Grid: OpenPandemics - COVID-19 Now Running on Machines with Graphics

The software that powers OpenPandemics - COVID-19 has been adapted to use GPU power. This will not only help the researchers to screen more molecules, but also could help them study molecules that are more complex.

More...

Silver Member

Re: World Community Grid: OpenPandemics - COVID-19 Now Running on Machines with Graph

OpenPandemics - COVID-19 - GPU is showing up as non-beta now.

Diamond Member

Re: World Community Grid: OpenPandemics - COVID-19 Now Running on Machines with Graph

Work availability will be limited
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Forum mod said
    "Good afternoon,

The new GPU application for OpenPandemics will be sending out 1700 work units on average every 30 minutes.

Thanks,
    -Uplinger"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    Forum mod said
    "Good afternoon,

The new GPU application for OpenPandemics will be sending out 1700 work units on average every 30 minutes.

Thanks,
    -Uplinger"
    With the pent up demand for another gpu app, especially one that pays as well as this one does, those 3400/hour don't last long. I rarely have more than 2 or 3 of my gpus working. Presently I have only 50 wus across 2-NV and one Intel gpu.

Edit: And it comes with a new wuprop app.
    Last edited by Al; 04-07-21 at 07:58 AM.

Silver Member

"4/6/2021 9:42:19 PM | World Community Grid | Tasks for Intel GPU are available, but your preferences are set to not accept them"

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

If you want to earn those hours, load up your GPUs with as many WUs that will run without erroring out. The longer they run the better....
    Code:
    <app_config>
    <project_max_concurrent>0</project_max_concurrent>
    <app>
    <name>opng</name>
    <max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
    <gpu_versions>
    <gpu_usage>0.5</gpu_usage>
    <cpu_usage>0.5</cpu_usage>
    </gpu_versions>
    </app>
    </app_config>

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by scole of TSBT View Post
    If you want to earn those hours, load up your GPUs with as many WUs that will run without erroring out. The longer they run the better....
    Code:
    <app_config>
    <project_max_concurrent>0</project_max_concurrent>
    <app>
    <name>opng</name>
    <max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
    <gpu_versions>
    <gpu_usage>0.5</gpu_usage>
    <cpu_usage>0.5</cpu_usage>
    </gpu_versions>
    </app>
    </app_config>
    Do I just place this in the project folder as app_config.xml and CPU will be unaffected? Do I need to shut boinc down first before doing it? This seems like a good one to run two at a time of.

Thanks,
    6r39 7r199

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Do I just place this in the project folder as app_config.xml and CPU will be unaffected? Do I need to shut boinc down first before doing it? This seems like a good one to run two at a time of.

Thanks,
    The Open Pandemic CPU app is opn1 so it won't be affected by it. You can put the file in place any time but restarting the client will make sure it uses that config.

Diamond Member

Note: They added a project preference setting to allow GPU crunching. You have to go into your account and turn that on.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast