Thread: DENIS: Second phase of application testing // Segunda fase de pruebas de la aplicació

Diamond Member

DENIS: Second phase of application testing // Segunda fase de pruebas de la aplicació

Dear all,
    After the second batch of simulations the result were similar: 99.5% of the simulations endend satisfactorily; 0.5% returned apparently normal but with invalid values. These results are stable enough to be able to perform a larger test. We actually need it to know if this small percentage of errors is due to something in the code or something in the clients. Currently the number of users returning invalid results is so low that it is hard for us to figure out what the difference might be.

So, we have decided to continue to the second phase with a bigger test with 45000 working units. They are already going up. We hope they don't last long on the server!

If everything goes well in this second phase, we will probably consider the beta version stable and we will start launching the projects that we have prepared.

Thank you in advance. We will keep you update of the results.

Best,
    Jesús.

================================================== =============

Estimados usuarios:
    Tras la segunda tanda de simulaciones el resultado ha sido similar: el 99,5% de las simulaciones finalizan satisfactoriamente; el 0,5 % arrojó resultados aparentemente normales pero con valores inválidos. Estos resultados son lo suficientemente estables como para poder realizar una prueba más grande. De hecho, la necesitamos para saber si este pequeño porcentaje de errores se debe a algo en el código o a algo en los clientes. Actualmente, la cantidad de usuarios que devuelven resultados no válidos es tan baja que nos resulta difícil determinar cuál podría ser la diferencia.

Por tanto, hemos decidido continuar con la segunda fase con una prueba más grande con 45000 unidades de trabajo. Ya están subiendo. ¡Esperamos que no duren mucho en el servidor!

Si todo va bien en esta segunda fase, probablemente daremos por estable la versión beta y empezaremos a lanzar los proyectos que tenemos preparados.

Gracias de antemano. Los mantendremos informados de los resultados.

Un saludo,
    Jesús.

More...

Diamond Member

Re: DENIS: Second phase of application testing // Segunda fase de pruebas de la aplic

This got me all excited. I thought it was a new beta app. Nope. I already had 20k hours on it somehow.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Re: DENIS: Second phase of application testing // Segunda fase de pruebas de la aplic

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    This got me all excited. I thought it was a new beta app. Nope. I already had 20k hours on it somehow.
    well gee Z you have 20K hours on everything I think
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]