Thread: Do i need/will an app info file work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member

Do i need/will an app info file work?

I would like to run WCG openPandemics GPU tasks, but not so much the cpu tasks...except africa rainfall project and tb. Can i run an app info file to limit cpu to just those subprojects but also keep openpandemics gpu tasks coming..if they're available. I feel like i fill up too much on OPN1 cpu tasks that i don't get other more infrequent cpu tasks. I wish WCG didn't consider OPN1 and OPNG the same project.

Administrator

Re: Do i need/will an app info file work?

I imagine an app_info could be written to do what you want, though I've never been smart enough to write one...for any project for that matter. I've always done a deep dive into the project forums to see if I could find one that is already written. You might want to spend some time at WCG to see if you could find something that would work for you or could be easily adjusted to work. You're right, it would make it so much easier if they had separated OP into 2 projects, cpu and gpu. Do you have the capability to run multiple instances? If so, doing what you want would be relatively simple I would think.

Silver Member

Re: Do i need/will an app info file work?

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I've always done a deep dive into the project forums to see if I could find one that is already written.
    Same here

Haven't really been concerned or even thinking about this issue because gpu WUs seem to have disappeared for a bit now. And now that Krembel(?) finally got their shit together the WUs that did/do become available are sucked up so fast.