Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dual

Past Administrator

Re: The Dual

EDIT: Kaotic - I'm 5'8" so not that tall, but not that short either - I suppose pretty average height.
    I dunno what's in there. I suppose it's the "Secret Weapon". Box is a little on the light side for a server, but as you can tell from the pic it's not that light either. Haven't opened it yet, I'm waiting on the HSF to come tomorrow. I always liked surprises...but the suspense is killing me!
    Last edited by DrPop; 10-28-10 at 01:20 AM.

Gold Member

You need to open it just to see what you are getting into! Need some prep time. Might help you get it online and OCed faster.

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]

Nope, 5'8" ain't really short at all.. I'm 5'11", so I've got some sense of proportion now..

Speaking of boxes:
    Processed through Sort Facility, October 28, 2010, 1:49 am, FORT WORTH, TX 76161
    w00t w00t! I can't wait!! It *should* be here today..

Wait.. A SERVER?! you got a server sent to you from overseas?! Wow. i can just imagine the shipping on that... I'll be keeping an eye on your RAC to see when you've got it online

Past Admin

Hey guys...

So DrPop...How do you like the box I sendt?? I told you so!! Now watch and be surprised.

I am not telling whatīs inside...The only thing I am gonna say about the content of that box is: You are looking for a red button!!

Past Administrator

Well...I'll be. It's past 1pm and the UPS fella decides to waltz through my door. I've been WAITING ALL DAY like a kid in line for DISNEYLAND!!!

More to come soon I hope, but now I have BOXES to open! YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Well...I'll be. It's past 1pm and the UPS fella decides to waltz through my door. I've been WAITING ALL DAY like a kid in line for DISNEYLAND!!!

More to come soon I hope, but now I have BOXES to open! YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!

NICE...!

I donīt have to remind you to keep us posted heh??

Gold Member

Is it too late for me to pull out of this dual???

Past Administrator

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh. Feels like a whole day wasted. I was going round in circles chasing my tail trying to figure out why it wouldn't post. Not a beep not a blip not a fan movement not an LED, NOTHING. I tried every single combination of chips, mobos, 3 graphics cards, 2 different sets of RAM, 5 different HDDs just in case...nothing. Tore apart my other front desk computer, thinking it was maybe the case power switch or SOMETHING...for several hours. My office looks like a tornado hit the front room and I've got to see patients tomorrow. There are parts and screws and stuff I threw everywhere. I was literally about to give up and was - I mean this - reaching for the phone to start the RMA process on some stuff, when I thought, you know...I did everything but pray about this. And then, after that, out of nowhere, I had a glimmer of an idea I hadn't thought of. I went to the back room and got out the 420W PSU that came with Kat's pink & white case (that is going to be on its way to F$ soon.)
    I plugged that in ... and ladies and gentlemen, we have POST. Now my big PSU was working just perfect before I shut it off and took the old mobo out and put this one in. Somehow it must have died during the couple minutes that I was switching mobos, and I didn't have a clue that it had gone belly up. How could I? It was working seconds before I yanked the side panel off the case.
    I don't know what the odds of this are, but has to be very very very slim (that it would completely die right at that instant).

So I am off to Frys. To spend even more money...arrrrrrgggghhhh.
    Oh yes, there was TONS of bubble wrap in the box. But a little something nice as well. I don't even really know what it is - looks like some kind of specialty line stabilizer thing. I am assuming it has to do with O/Cing performance. I'll look into it more later. Obviously I've spent all day just trying to get this pile to just turn on - I can't even THINK about O/Cing right now!

Past Administrator

Wait! I know what happened. That PSU took one look at Joker's RAC and saw how much juice it would have to put out to O/C Beer's quad high enough to win...and it just gave up without even trying!

There...I feel better. Always do after coming up with a good conspiracy theory! NOW, I 'm off to Frys.

Gold Member

I bet my power supply can beat up your power supply!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast