Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 550TI

Gold Member

Re: 550TI

I have to keep the rest of them cold. You wouldn't want me to drink warm beer would you?

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

The steak does NOT care if the beer is warm OR cold! Neither do I, it's BEER, just drink it!

Yo-

Gold Member

The steak does NOT care if the beer is warm OR cold! Neither do I, it's BEER, just drink it!
    I'll drink to that!

Gold Member

Unlike some civilizations I am domesticated. I think having to drink warm beer is cruel and inhuman punishment. I want mine cold...like it was meant to be. HELP ME BEER!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    Unlike some civilizations I am domesticated. I think having to drink warm beer is cruel and inhuman punishment. I want mine cold...like it was meant to be. HELP ME BEER!
    I believe Danes like the Germans, and the Irish, and the English all drink beer at room temps. In fact some beers taste better if they have NEVER been refrigerated.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    I believe Danes like the Germans, and the Irish, and the English all drink beer at room temps. In fact some beers taste better if they have NEVER been refrigerated.....
    I hate to differ. I spent 18 months in Germany and 2 years in Italy and I traveled all over Europe and I was never served a warm beer. I put 35000 miles on my VW Bug in 2 years and visited from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, and on and on. About the only place in Europe I absolutely dislike is France where I think the people are rude and their food sucks. Give me Italian pasta any day.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    I hate to differ. I spent 18 months in Germany and 2 years in Italy and I traveled all over Europe and I was never served a warm beer. I put 35000 miles on my VW Bug in 2 years and visited from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, and on and on. About the only place in Europe I absolutely dislike is France where I think the people are rude and their food sucks. Give me Italian pasta any day.

Thatīs probably because you only went to the tourist places... Many danes love beer just up from the basement...Dark and around 12*C....Now THATīS beer..!

EDIT: But I must say that a COLD beer on a hot summersday, will beat any wine the french can make. (even if I like that also..hehe)
    Last edited by Beerdrinker; 05-09-11 at 12:55 PM.
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Well, I'll be the odd man out on this one, and admit that I just can't stand the taste of beer. Well, I did have one that I liked once - my bro. paid like almost $10 for it at an Airplane "hangout" where he took me with his pilot buddies after a flight...it was a... Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Only beer I've ever tasted that I thought was worth drinking.

Now...blackberry brandy or the like ...

About the GTX 465 - no guarantees it will unlock to a 470, so don't get too disappointed if it doesn't. However, it will O/C GREAT once you bump up the voltage a little in Afterburner, and it will definitely give you more credits than the 460. Albeit sucking more juice, and therefore pumping out more heat to do so...but, congrats on the sweet card! You will love the bump in RAC (and so will we all!).

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Well, I'll be the odd man out on this one, and admit that I just can't stand the taste of beer. Well, I did have one that I liked once - my bro. paid like almost $10 for it at an Airplane "hangout" where he took me with his pilot buddies after a flight...it was a... Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Only beer I've ever tasted that I thought was worth drinking.
    Somebody please remove him from admin status immediately. He clearly can't be trusted.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Thatīs probably because you only went to the tourist places... Many danes love beer just up from the basement...Dark and around 12*C....Now THATīS beer..!
    12* C is about 53 *F. That should be about a good temp. No I didn't just hit the tourist traps. My VW had a mind of its own and I had the mindset that if you found a road you had to find out where it went and what was at the end of it. Found some very neat places and really met some great people, some of whom I still stay in touch with via Skype.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast