Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moo: New Version

Platinum Member

Moo: New Version

Good news for Trigggl?

I just released v1.01 of our wrapper application. In addition to previous 32-bit Windows versions there's now versions for 64-bit Linux. Both Stream and CUDA are available for both.

Some of the major changes in this release:

* Overactive hang detection code fixed and it now takes into account relative speed of the used card. This should fix many failures and even slowness seen by users especially on CUDA platform.
    * Limited retries (no checkpoint or premature exit) to ten (10) so that there's no chance for an endless loop.
    * Added support for setting core used by the client. I'll add a preference for this soon. Allows advanced users to set best performing core based on their knowledge or client benchmarks.
    * There's now a default Distributed.net ID used if one is not specified in preferences. For now it's simply "u_<userid>@moowrap.net" where <userid> is your User ID of your account on this project. Yes, you can still set a custom one in your preferences.
    * And some other minor improvements and fixes around the code.

Platinum Member

Re: Moo: New Version

Official request to Admin crew: Can we turn on the RSS feed for this project?

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Official request to Admin crew: Can we turn on the RSS feed for this project?
    After having asked DrPop we decided to turn on this RSS feed.

I just added it. (WOOT- first task as admin)

If it does not work, or look strange please let us know.
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Platinum Member

Looks good. Much appreciated, Admin Beer!

Past Admin

Admin. Beer?? That mean Free Beer?

One question about this project. I just put in the second 5870 and now have run times of 600+ gpu, 600+ cpu. Credits are 6k sometimes and 4k other times. My box with one 5970 is doing 900+ gpu, cpu 9.5 for 9k. Credits may be similar but large cpu usage. Worth it? I'm ony using 3 of my 4 cores now. I'll try it running only 2 cores and leaving 2 cores for the gpu, see what happens.

Platinum Member

I checked and I have the new ap now, but I get a message saying that this machine has reached it's daily quota of 2 tasks and I'm not getting new work.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    I checked and I have the new ap now, but I get a message saying that this machine has reached it's daily quota of 2 tasks and I'm not getting new work.
    I had that message too for awhile a few days ago. It's from too many workunits errorring out or being aborted. It resets after 24 hours and starts getting new work again. It'll get one WU, when that one completes successfully, it'll ask for two, etc. and keeping doubling up to the max number of workunits allowed by the project, with each successful return. Everytime a workunit errors out or gets aborted, it cuts that by 1 again. At least in theory that's how it works...

Platinum Member

Yep, that seems to be the case. 1 machine must have got bad WU's and I had to put it back on MW. Sucks. Just put a call into my son so he could check his. Looks like he hasn't connected since Friday night.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

Silver Member

Yep, my computer had rebooted and stuck on the logon screen (sorry didn't get to my computer all weekend I know I'm horrible). Logged on, all my Moo WU's errored out, reset the project all wu's still computation error. Back to Collatz for now.

- Jason

Platinum Member

I posted over on their boards, we'll see if anyone has a fix.

http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=30#185

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast