Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1447

Thread: Individual Milestones 6: New Site, New Thread

Diamond Member

Re: Individual Milestones 6: New Site, New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    What is happening with Chimichango's credits? His RAC is 3,485 yet he is up and down in Millions. He is up 60Million again today just on an update. Fun and games it seems with a project that seems a repeat of Aqua. Is DA got a hand is this again?
    That has been going on for years now. He has a split CPID, and can't fix it. So his credits keep bouncing between his two CPIDs.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by krackedpress View Post
    What is the badge order, with numbers, for PG?

I have 20,000 and 2,000,000 badges for Sieve and the 10,000 for LLR projects. 12 projects badges total

Attachment 305 Attachment 304

Is there a badge for 200,000 for Sieve and 100,000 for LLR, or will I have to wait for the 1 million and 2 million marks?

I wonder if it is worth switching PG projects to push sole of the others past the 200,000 mark. It would be if there was a badge at that level.

321 Sieve is nearest to 200,000 with 190,323 credits, with TRP Sieve at about 125K.
    There are badges available for every PG sub-project. The minimums needed for bronze are 10k for LLR and 20k for sieve. Sieve pays better, so the requirements for each badge are double the amount required for LLR.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Lol, I'd say you've got some great work out of those old machines. The laptops can be cooled a bit by making sure the bottom has more space for air as the battery heats up a lot. I've heard that putting a small baking pan underneath acts as a good heat sink since baking pans conduct well.
    I just had a vision of heat sink compound between a laptop and a frying pan. Of course, that much heat sink compound would probably cost as much as a cheap GPU.

If you were to put the laptop on top of an overturned pot, it would draw the heat away from the laptop. It would be especially effective if it was one of those pots with the really thick bottom. Of course, the pot would also probably cost as much as a cheap GPU.

With a little effort you can find a crunch-able nvidia card on ebay for $50 or less including shipping. Otherwise, you could find someone on the team that has one collecting dust and get it even cheaper. The 9800GT I was using, I paid a former teammate $35 for. Before that, I had a 9600GT given to me and even personally delivered to my mail box for free. (I hope Top Viking is doing better somewhere)
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

What is the badge order, with numbers, for PG?

I have 20,000 and 2,000,000 badges for Sieve and the 10,000 for LLR projects. 12 projects badges total

Attachment 305 Attachment 304

Is there a badge for 200,000 for Sieve and 100,000 for LLR, or will I have to wait for the 1 million and 2 million marks?

I wonder if it is worth switching PG projects to push sole of the others past the 200,000 mark. It would be if there was a badge at that level.

321 Sieve is nearest to 200,000 with 190,323 credits, with TRP Sieve at about 125K.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    There are badges available for every PG sub-project. The minimums needed for bronze are 10k for LLR and 20k for sieve. Sieve pays better, so the requirements for each badge are double the amount required for LLR.
    The list is here ---> http://primegrid.com/forum_thread.ph...rap=true#25921

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

krackedpress

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    That link stated:
    bronze: 20,000
    silver: 200,000
    gold: 1,000.000
    amethyst: 2,000,000 ("pink" -- there is no sapphire)
    ruby: 4,000,000 (red)

The big thing was I never saw silver or gold show up on my PG account page. I do not remembered seeing anything but Bronze and then the "pink" of amethyst.

So I had to ask the question about badges and their color.

by-the-by
    This system seems to use the British English spelling for "colour" instead of the American English version of "color". I have been dealing with American English, British English, and Oxford English, for a support thread for LibreOffice [ International Site --> LibreOffice.org -or- North American Community DVD Project Site -->LibreOffice-NA.US ] and there was a big thing about using the proper spelling for the localized language. "localised" [B.E.] is correct spelling for this system and "localized" [O.E. and A.E.] for USA and "proper" "Queen's English".

Administrator

Ding

250M PG

Cudas now off of PG so RAC is going to tank

Diamond Member

The big thing was I never saw silver or gold show up on my PG account page. I do not remembered seeing anything but Bronze and then the "pink" of amethyst.
    Yep, silver exists. Check my sig.

Shadow

Ding...50 mil at Dnetc.

krackedpress

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yep, silver exists. Check my sig.
    PG-badges-Aug-07-2011.jpg

The PG Sieve projects I need credits for to get the next level badge seems to no be listed on PG front page in the list of projects and how many WUs are available.

321 Sieve is at 190K, so I need 10K to go to the next stated level. But, it is not listed in PG project list that has [will have] any WUs.

TRP Sieve needs 75K. CW Sieve needs 88K.

Below is a clip of my PG project list image on August 7th 9am, Eastern time. It seems that the URL for "http://stats.free-dc.org/pgridtag.php?id=43364&theme=1" is not a proper URL. Even a ".jpeg" instead of ".jpg" is not a proper URL.

PG-list-Aug-07-2011.jpg

------------------------------

As of Aug 7th - 9:17am Eastern - here is the list of WUs available for PG - NO 321 Sieve at all. It is a temp closed project, since the LLR is still there?

Available: 321 Prime Search (LLR) . . . . . . . . 189
    Available: Cullen Prime Search (LLR) . . . . . . . . 85
    Available: Prime Sierpinski Problem (LLR) . . . . .99
    Available: Proth Prime Search (LLR) . . . . . . . 1878
    Available: Seventeen or Bust (LLR) . . . . . . . . 94
    Available: Sophie Germain Prime Search (LLR) . .3944
    Available: The Riesel Problem (LLR) . . . . . . .92
    Available: Woodall Prime Search (LLR) . . . . .93
    Available: Cullen/Woodall (Sieve) . . . . . . . . 46277
    Available: Proth Prime Search (Sieve) . . . . . 282259
    Available: The Riesel Problem (Sieve) . . . . . 11007
    Last edited by krackedpress; 08-07-11 at 09:34 AM.

Advisor - Stateside Division

Below is a clip of my PG project list image on August 7th 9am, Eastern time. It seems that the URL for "http://stats.free-dc.org/pgridtag.php?id=43364&theme=1" is not a proper URL. Even a ".jpeg" instead of ".jpg" is not a proper URL.

PG-list-Aug-07-2011.jpg
    Not sure what you mean by it not being a proper url? And it generates a .png not a jpg.

Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast