Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Options and opinions

Diamond Member

Re: Options and opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Oh yeah - ATI cards require you to connect a monitor (or dummy plug) to them. CUDA cards don't.
    Maxwell the problem is that my 3 Monitors dont connect with the 2 GPUs. No connection with nothing I am getting crazy. What is a dummy not counting with me of course.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 05-20-11 at 10:10 PM.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    No I had a small problem my computer didnt install the GPU HD5450 because I didnt connected the monitor. Well no one told me I must do it. It so stupid I know. and I just dont understand were I should connect the monitor since the hd5450 and the hd5870 have several connectors. Damn is so stupid but i just dont know.
    Connectors-A_Small.jpg

My cables connect to the bottom port of each card. Bottom of card is where the card plugs into the Motherboard.

Btw: All those cables connect to the same monitor. My monitor has multiple video inputs so this works. Many of the newer flat screens have this feature.
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 05-20-11 at 10:13 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Connectors-A_Small.jpg

My cables connect to the bottom port of each card. Bottom of card is where the card plugs into the Motherboard.

Btw: All those cables connect to the same monitor. My monitor has multiple video inputs so this works. Many of the newer flat screens have this feature.
    Ati recognized and Ok the Hd 5870 is installed. The Hd5450 doesnt recognize the monitor. The connector on the 5450 has no "thing" to screw That "thing' is not there. Sorry I dont know the name. The two things to "screws" on each side of the connector are not there.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 05-20-11 at 10:23 PM.

Diamond Member

Past Administrator

Ati recognized and Ok the Hd 5870 is installed. The Hd5450 doesnt recognize the monitor. The connector on the 5450 has no "thing" to screw That "thing' is not there. Sorry I dont know the name. The two things to "screws" on each side of the connector are not there.
    These?

ati_radeon_5450_02.jpg
    Click to enlarge

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

yes yes yes TY TY TY. That thing is not there. You are clever. Are you my cousin?
    I thought no one would understand. I dont know the name of that. those two are not there.

Platinum Member

yes yes yes TY TY TY. That thing is not there. You are clever. Are you my cousin?
    I thought no one would understand. I dont know the name of that. those two are not there.
    Those are actually not entirely necessary - they are just screws that help keep the monitor cable in place. Half the time, I don't use them, as I don't move the monitor or box. If you just have the connector, you can just plug it in, and it should work.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Those are actually not entirely necessary - they are just screws that help keep the monitor cable in place. Half the time, I don't use them, as I don't move the monitor or box. If you just have the connector, you can just plug it in, and it should work.
    No dont recognize.

How can I see if the GPU is no good. Because this Gpu came from Germany maybe has some problems.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 05-20-11 at 11:10 PM.

Past Administrator

No dont recognize....
    How can I see if the GPU is no good. Because this Gpu came from Germany maybe has some problems.
    The best way would be to removed the other GPU from the computer, and only put this GPU in the computer that you want to test. See if the monitor turns on when you run it. You do not need to screw the cable in, just plug it in, and it will work fine.

Silver Member

IN CASE YOU ALL FORGOT!

I have SEVERAL dummy plugs available for those with ATI/AMD GPU cards that may need them.

Send me a PM if interested!

Yo-

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678