Thread: Congrats to Einstein Crunchers

Silver Member

Congrats to Einstein Crunchers

You've just added to the team's world leading count of projects where we're in the top ten. I think that brings our count to 99 projects. That's 99 out of 113 projects we've crunched on and puts us 4 ahead of SG and LAF. Way to go!!

Also looking forward to when Einstein reaches 250 Million total credits.

Thanks

Steve Bohlen

Re: Congrats to Einstein Crunchers

Sweet! Way to go team!

Love this project. True astronomy work without a doubt.

Past Administrator

Very cool indeed.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Yes, I love this project. Now, what on earth (or in the universe) is keeping them from offering even halfway decent credits? If they could figure that out, then I could crunch it regularly!

Silver Member

I just started "re-crunching" on this project a few days ago due to Aqua being down. As DrP mentioned, if they would dole out the credits like MW does, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves with all the crunchers that'd be here. I think this is truly one of the more worthwhile projects to crunch for, but apparently the project admins don't care about getting anything done within a reasonable amount of time and would rather drag out the project for endless decades. Job security, I suppose
    Yo-

Past Administrator

I've been thinking about this the last couple days. At what point does a project's worthwhile direction over ride the crappy credits? I mean, if we all crunched crappy paying projects, our RAC would be 1/2 of what it is now. So at what point do most of us think "boost the team total" or "I'd rather crunch a cool but crap credit project"?Note that I think this is a very different argument and decision than that faced by a strictly MM cruncher, who will crunch them all in due time.Thing is, I could almost be pursuaded to crunch Einstein again, because it is one of the few projects outside the theoretical math projects, that has even accomplished anything at all!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I've been thinking about this the last couple days. At what point does a project's worthwhile direction over ride the crappy credits? I mean, if we all crunched crappy paying projects, our RAC would be 1/2 of what it is now. So at what point do most of us think "boost the team total" or "I'd rather crunch a cool but crap credit project"?Note that I think this is a very different argument and decision than that faced by a strictly MM cruncher, who will crunch them all in due time.Thing is, I could almost be pursuaded to crunch Einstein again, because it is one of the few projects outside the theoretical math projects, that has even accomplished anything at all!
    That is what the "core" is for. Most of our team is people that crunch what they want regardless of credits.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we