Thread: PCI-E motherboard

Silver Member

PCI-E motherboard

I'm looking for a motherboard, I'm trying to work out a few watts, I'm pretty much looking for boards with the most amount pf PCI-E for the least amount. I don't care if they are x16 x4 x1 any combo will work. I'm looking for something with 6-7 (more the better) for the least amount of money. AMD would work best for me. I'm not looking for a new board. Anyone know of anything?
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Platinum Member

Re: PCI-E motherboard

Only one AMD Mobo on Newegg with 6+ slots... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128508

Past Administrator

Re: PCI-E motherboard

The (AMD) ASUS Crosshair IV had like 5 PCI-E x16, I think. The MSI 890FXA-GD70 has 5 as well. I think.
    But, if I were going to spend that kind of money buying a new one, I think I would wait until something like the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7 AM3+ AMD 990FX gets here...already listed at Newegg, but not in stock yet. It is the new 900 series chipset, capable of full Bulldozer support.