Ah yes, it seems I misunderstood their meaning when they mentioned DOS, my bad.

I did find the part where they mention VBox could present 32 virtual CPU cores to the guest OS. Visions of Aqua formulated in my mind, but I can't really see how this would be a benefit other than to increase the size of the cache for Aqua WUs. I know it works well with Hyper-Threading as Godzilla (i7 920) outputs twice the Aqua WUs over Rodan (Q9650) in roughly the same amount of time. It would be interesting just to see what would happen with that. It tends to make me think that say, if you were running single core CPU apps like RNA, yes, you could run 32 of them at the same time, but that they would take 32 times longer to finish, so there'd really be no difference. If on the other hand, they still took the same amount of time to complete, then running 32 virtual cores would be 8 times more productive than any quad core CPU, which might be something to write home about, but I just don't see that happening at all.

VBox does have my interest sparked however and the possibilities of what can had with such virtualization seem almost endless. It surely would be a great way to get into the Linux OS without having to alter my existing system, seemingly, in any way. Definitely something to look much more closely into.