Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M$ on Windows 8: Developers, Bend Over and Take It.........

Platinum Member

Re: M$ on Windows 8: Developers, Bend Over and Take It.........

yeah UAC was the first thing i disabled. Then i disabled the crap that warnsyou UAC was disabled. Geez where does it end...
    I bet in Win8, it's much more difficult to even find how to disable UAC, if it's even possible.

I am a software developer.

I have learned the following development languages since 1996:
    VBA (Visual Basic for Access)
    T-SQL
    CA Realizer Basic
    C# .Net
    ASP .Net
    LINK for .Net
    Visual C++
    Borland C++
    AXAPTA (Dynamics AX code)
    Visual Fox Pro

For all of these languages, I have created large database systems or commercial products that are all still in use right now.

Microsoft is making it hard for me to make a living in the programming field by changing their OS development languages every 2 years. No other profession (doctors, lawyers or drafters) have to contend with this onslaught.

The biggest problem comes from education:
    1) Microsoft trains software developers in India & China for free at large schools where you are expected to work a few years afterwards.
    2) USA software developers must pay for their training at costly universities and there is no clear career path as a result. You just cannot hire someone with development experience in America anymore. Everyone must now be trained on the job and this sets us years behind the curve.
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
    Microsoft is making it hard for me to make a living in the programming field by changing their OS development languages every 2 years. No other profession (doctors, lawyers or drafters) have to contend with this onslaught.

The biggest problem comes from education:
    1) Microsoft trains software developers in India & China for free at large schools where you are expected to work a few years afterwards.
    2) USA software developers must pay for their training at costly universities and there is no clear career path as a result. You just cannot hire someone with development experience in America anymore. Everyone must now be trained on the job and this sets us years behind the curve.
    I did not know all this... I'm a sad Maxwell now.

Platinum Member

Assembly is the only true language anyway. It's the language the other languages are written in. Learn that and you only have to learn something new when a new chip comes out. And the best part is, all the old stuff still works. With Assembly, you're above the OS. Easy to write things that work in any OS.

And any language that begins with word "Visual" is cheating and automatically slow and bloated, no matter how well you 'optimize' it.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Assembly is the only true language anyway. It's the language the other languages are written in. Learn that and you only have to learn something new when a new chip comes out. And the best part is, all the old stuff still works. With Assembly, you're above the OS. Easy to write things that work in any OS.

And any language that begins with word "Visual" is cheating and automatically slow and bloated, no matter how well you 'optimize' it.
    Yeah..... They taught 8086 Assembler when I was attending DeVry last century. The only commands I remember are mov and push

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Yeah..... They taught 8086 Assembler when I was attending DeVry last century. The only commands I remember are mov and push
    haha those are the 2 most important ones! that's like 60% of any program right there

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    I did a little machine code and assembly language on the 68HC11 micro controller in college. Ironic I got my first tastes of Motorola and Unix in college and now I have a ppc64 running Linux.

I, also, remember absolutely nothing from my class, but I still have the books.
    6r39 7r199

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123