Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WTF are Maxwells and Clanks?

Advisor - Stateside Division

Re: WTF are Maxwells and Clanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Not to take anything away from Maxwells and Clanks, but a stat I'd like to see is active users and active hosts per project. My definition of active would be those whose credit has increased within the last 7 days. Can't go by RAC due to projects that are offline which means the RAC doesn't ever get updated (e.g. I still have a RAC of 52 in Cels@home). Then you could also measure how many users a project gained or lost in the last X days as well.
    I've actually got this mostly up and running on the test stats site, though it's based on activity in the last 28 days. Aqua Stats for example where I list it at the top. I can easily tweak the algorithm a little.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I've actually got this mostly up and running on the test stats site, though it's based on activity in the last 28 days. Aqua Stats for example where I list it at the top. I can easily tweak the algorithm a little.
    28 days seems high, but then again, I haven't crunched the stats at all to see what the distribution is. If a project had known durations for the WUs, one could use that as part of the calculation (e.g. a one hour per WU project might be set to several days whereas a two week per WU project may need a month or more for a WU to be returned). I don't know that the average turnaround time would suffice though.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    And I am so good.

A lot of small credits rate. Yes is to small crunchers. I would say of the million crunchers Boinc has 90% are small crunchers.

It is good to have something to the small CPU guys.

Duke
    Cool, someone that likes it....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234