Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ideologias: Project ending very soon!

Past Administrator

Re: Ideologias: Project ending very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    I'm just about at 1k for this project and once I get there, good riddance. I've had tons of problems with this and basically wasted a an entire machine for 24hrs to just get 1k. I'm not sure where the problem lies, but about 1-2 of every 10 tasks bugs out and never completes. It continues to take up a thread until aborted. Normal completion is about 10 minutes. I woke to find most of my threads running for hours on the same tasks, effectively taking them out of rotation for new tasks. Being an [MM] requires patience.

Maybe i'm just cranky.
    The project had a batch of bad wu's. Sounds like you got most of them
    There could be a problem with your project files. If you want to give it another shot abort all I@H wu's and do a manual update, shut down BOINC, find the Ideologies folder and delete it and then restart BOINC.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    The project had a batch of bad wu's. Sounds like you got most of them
    There could be a problem with your project files. If you want to give it another shot abort all I@H wu's and do a manual update, shut down BOINC, find the Ideologies folder and delete it and then restart BOINC.
    Actually, I checked and my tasks were not in the prueba2xxxxx range. They were all prueba5... and prueba6... tasks. Most would complete, but about 1 in 10 would not. I found a ton of the ideologias worker_0.21 and wrapper_0.21 processes running for no reason. I'm assuming that they were the aborted tasks processes. Perhaps a win7|64bit bug?

Anyways, I've got my 1k and don't think I can get to 10k, so no worries. Even the smallest milestone is better than none.

I'm working on both [mm] and badge acquisition at the moment only on 1 pc due to the heat here (about 102 F).

I do appreciate the help, which I will use the next time I run into a similar issue. Thanks!

/sping

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Actually, I checked and my tasks were not in the prueba2xxxxx range. They were all prueba5... and prueba6... tasks. Most would complete, but about 1 in 10 would not. I found a ton of the ideologias worker_0.21 and wrapper_0.21 processes running for no reason. I'm assuming that they were the aborted tasks processes. Perhaps a win7|64bit bug?

Anyways, I've got my 1k and don't think I can get to 10k, so no worries. Even the smallest milestone is better than none.

I'm working on both [mm] and badge acquisition at the moment only on 1 pc due to the heat here (about 102 F).

I do appreciate the help, which I will use the next time I run into a similar issue. Thanks!

/sping
    I have also seen a few of the newer WU's failing on my Windows XP 64bit machine. But they simply bomb out. I haven't noticed anything running more than the roughly 30 minutes my slowest machine has been posting. Not sure what to say.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    I have also seen a few of the newer WU's failing on my Windows XP 64bit machine. But they simply bomb out. I haven't noticed anything running more than the roughly 30 minutes my slowest machine has been posting. Not sure what to say.
    Bombing out would be preferable to just running forever. I could mention it on the project forum, but it's the end of the project anyways. So, meh. I'm just happy to get a milestone.

Now to get me them thar badges!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Thanks for the help guys! I've reached 100k. Who can we help next? Is there time?
    And you got past that Maxwell guy too.
    So what next? I'm inclined to move away from Ideologias now unless someone else needs to reach a reachable MM/goal. It would be nice to reach a Team 2.5 MM but I'm thinking there's not enough WU's or motivation to do so (we need about 3 days at current rates to do this).
    So I'll be heading back to better paying CPU projects like PG, Prima and Aqua for a month or so.

Platinum Member

Well, it looks like the admin recreated those bad WU's. 29xxxx range is being distributed now and they seem to be working fine this time.

That does mean we've got another 10K of WU's added to the pile. So another day to crunch for goals.
    Last edited by Mumps; 07-03-11 at 11:23 AM.

Past Admin

Seems like they ran out of WU's. Damn, just missed my 10k there.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Seems like they ran out of WU's. Damn, just missed my 10k there.
    Seems to be running dry. Not sure how close you are but set you boxes to check frequently for straggler WU's. If I have any left on my boxes I'll abort them and they will probably go back into the queue for re-release.

Past Admin

No luck, I'm about 400+ points from 10k. I'll get it next time.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    No luck, I'm about 400+ points from 10k. I'll get it next time.
    1,794 WU's still in progress. Maybe you have some.

Then again it's probably that guy Mumps.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast