Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday, November 2nd...

Re: Tuesday, November 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Voted, but the state of Maryland let me down again.

Ditto in CA.... Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsome and Barbra Boxer, jobs killing "global warming" legislation..... man I didn't think this state could get much more in the crapper.

Past Admin

It is more of the same here in NY. Spend more than you take in. Sad really.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Ditto in CA.... Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsome and Barbra Boxer, jobs killing "global warming" legislation..... man I didn't think this state could get much more in the crapper.
    Even worse than the people, we screwed ourselves with some of the props. We lowered the vote requirement for budgets, from 2/3 to simple majority. Before the republican minority could influence/roadblock the budget. No longer. The dems can pass whatever they want, and the new/old governor will probably rubber stamp it. Bankruptcy, here we come! The evil part is that when it comes, it will be the rest of the country who will pay to bail us out. Have fun with that!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Even worse than the people, we screwed ourselves with some of the props. We lowered the vote requirement for budgets, from 2/3 to simple majority. Before the republican minority could influence/roadblock the budget. No longer. The dems can pass whatever they want, and the new/old governor will probably rubber stamp it. Bankruptcy, here we come! The evil part is that when it comes, it will be the rest of the country who will pay to bail us out. Have fun with that!
    Oh yea, I forgot about that 2/3 prop. I think I blocked it out of my mind from the pain involved, thanks for reminding me. I am so ready to split and go to Texas.... If only I could.

Administrator

Nevada put Harry back into the Senate... sorry guys. Although on a positive note, I understand there is talk of removing Harry Reid as the Senate Majority Leader; I don't know if this will happen but it should. He's an arrogant, uncooperative bastard... not really sure about the whole father part but you get the idea.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Yeah...I promised myself I wouldn't join this thread, but I just can't help myself.
    NV - What the heck were you thinking? Shoulda' kicked that pile of an uncooperative and arrogant man into one of your toxic waste dumps.

CA - This is my state now. Wow. I soooooo miss Alaska some times. Like finding out people voted Brown BACK into the Governorship? What the??? And Boxer? Give me a break. I'm sick to my stomach when I think of who these people around me THINK is going to "save" them. Please.
    OK, I can't even talk about it anymore I'm so disappointed.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Oh yea, I forgot about that 2/3 prop. I think I blocked it out of my mind from the pain involved, thanks for reminding me. I am so ready to split and go to Texas.... If only I could.
    On the plus side, Texas doesn't have a state income tax, so that would be good for your pocketbook...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12