Thread: What am I missing?

What am I missing?

Moved from Moo back to Milkyway and I cannot get it to work. Can't get Primegrid to work either. What am I missing guys? Do I need to revert back to older setups?

Re: What am I missing?

Also understand I just have not worked the problem yet. This is just to see if there was a quick fix.

Milkyway aborts at 85%

Primegrid is a computation error.

What kind of work GPU/CPU, amd/nvidia ?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clank [MM] View Post
    Also understand I just have not worked the problem yet. This is just to see if there was a quick fix.

Milkyway aborts at 85%

Primegrid is a computation error.
    Does HD58xx have double precision? I thought double precision was needed for Milkyway.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Does HD58xx have double precision? I thought double precision was needed for Milkyway.
    Yes. HD 58xx has double precision as do the 48xx and 38xx GPUs.

AMD changed their naming with the HD 6xxx series where HD 68xx is single precision and 69xx is double precision.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

These are ATI, 2 - 7's, 2xp, I'll work it tonight, just bugs me that I was running both projects before Moo and it's the same problem on all 4 machines. have 1 more 5830 coming that was RMA'd then I'll pair those up in 2 machines. Dump the 3 - 4870's. As far as Nvidia looking at 2 of Asus new 580's that are 3 bays wide, will get those 1 at a time this month. That will probably be it for a little while but I need to know I can get them running. I'll post after tonight, thanks guys.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Clank [MM] View Post
    These are ATI, 2 - 7's, 2xp, I'll work it tonight, just bugs me that I was running both projects before Moo and it's the same problem on all 4 machines. have 1 more 5830 coming that was RMA'd then I'll pair those up in 2 machines. Dump the 3 - 4870's. As far as Nvidia looking at 2 of Asus new 580's that are 3 bays wide, will get those 1 at a time this month. That will probably be it for a little while but I need to know I can get them running. I'll post after tonight, thanks guys.
    Try resetting projects on those machines. I believe MW has updated the app and support files. Same might hold true for PG.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6