Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uFluids work

Platinum Member

Lightbulb uFluids work

First topic!!

Haha, anyway. I was asleep at the wheel and had left uFluids to accept WU's for months now and did not really pay attention. Well over the last 48 hours or so a handful have sneaked in. The credit return still seems very low and they go to high priority right away with pretty long run times, and I set it back to NNW while we are on PB attack and defense of a few others. Just wanted to mention it if anyone was looking to reach a milestone there for a long time.

Gold Member

Re: uFluids work

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    First topic!!

Haha, anyway. I was asleep at the wheel and had left uFluids to accept WU's for months now and did not really pay attention. Well over the last 48 hours or so a handful have sneaked in. The credit return still seems very low and they go to high priority right away with pretty long run times, and I set it back to NNW while we are on PB attack and defense of a few others. Just wanted to mention it if anyone was looking to reach a milestone there for a long time.
    I'd be all over that if I weren't all in on a Prima raid. These things always seem to happen like this. Work is always released at exactly the wrong time and when it will interrupt your current focus.

Now that I have Wine installed on both dual cores and I don't have a reliable GPU cruncher, there's nothing stopping me from going for my MMs in the Windows only projects.
    6r39 7r199

Platinum Member

Right after I posted that, I aborted all WU's that had not started crunching. I hate aborting anything once it is started, then it feels like wasted effort. I think I only have one left to finish off right now during the prima-raid.

Platinum Member

I left the door open again, and a few WU's have been creeping in here and there.

Gold Member

I left the door open again, and a few WU's have been creeping in here and there.
    Let me know when it's a constant flow or at least enough of a flow to get me to 10K. I have to shut down the Linux boinc to start the Wine (windows) boinc.
    6r39 7r199

Diamond Member

I started wine also but finnished already.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Let me know when it's a constant flow or at least enough of a flow to get me to 10K. I have to shut down the Linux boinc to start the Wine (windows) boinc.
    Sounds like a perfect case for VirtualBox. Leave a single vCPU VM Running at all times with only uFluids on it. Ignore the "allocated" CPU on the Host and run BOINC full out. If the uFluids instance gets any work, it'll have it's CPU to work with, leaving the Host BOINC running a bit lean, but running all the same.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    There seems to be some slowly moving in. I have my resource share low but always accepting new work.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post

I started wine also but finnished already.
    This one is more fitting:

Penguin+Wine+Bottle+Holder5.jpg

Gold Member

This one is more fitting:

Penguin+Wine+Bottle+Holder5.jpg
    That would seem to be the Linux version.
    6r39 7r199

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast