Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RSS Notifications

Re: RSS Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Does this mean all the "other" drop into a single thread? I think they should have their own separate threads in the "other" folder. That way people see the RSS subject individually, and can discuss them accordingly. If they are in the same thread, it is like someone posting to the milestone thread. You get no info from looking at the new posts list, no way to tell if it worth reading.
    No, each RSS post is a unique thread, The would just all be grouped in the RSS subforum.

Platinum Member

@#2: I'll create forums, the and forward you the list of RSS feeds to be added. If you can use your powers to get them set up, I know at least two of us would be super happy...

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    No, each RSS post is a unique thread, The would just all be grouped in the RSS subforum.
    Ah, then we're on the same page. Great!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    @#2: I'll create forums, the and forward you the list of RSS feeds to be added. If you can use your powers to get them set up, I know at least two of us would be super happy...
    Nevermind - I'll wait until Hankey is done with his stuff...

Gold Member

Clicking on "New Posts" gives information overload to someone looking for non-rss posts. Any way for that to be turned off? Or is it just a catching up thing like when GregK comes back from a vacation? No offense.
    6r39 7r199

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Clicking on "New Posts" gives information overload to someone looking for non-rss posts. Any way for that to be turned off? Or is it just a catching up thing like when GregK comes back from a vacation? No offense.
    It is just a catching up thing, because when I set up the RSS I have it pull 3 items. Since the RSS for that site is new if there are 3 items is posts all 3. Going forward only the current occasional news Item will actually post.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Nevermind - I'll wait until Hankey is done with his stuff...

Yea, I set it up... someone send me the list. I went through the already created forums and setup the project RSS feeds for the projects that had them (notice SETI@HOME doesn't....go figure )

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    It is just a catching up thing, because when I set up the RSS I have it pull 3 items. Since the RSS for that site is new if there are 3 items is posts all 3. Going forward only the current occasional news Item will actually post.
    +1

In other words, the flood is a one-time thing for each project added. Across all projects, you will rarely see above 5/day.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    +1

In other words, the flood is a one-time thing for each project added. Across all projects, you will rarely see above 5/day.
    And +1 to that. I have all these on my RSS feeder, and I'm not sure I've ever seen more than 5/day. Tonight was just catch-up time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123