Thread: Test4Theory Run times

mrlumu

Test4Theory Run times

Trying to complete my 1st wu and it seems to be hung at 94%. Have 51+ hrs in it and the time to completion is growing (was as low as 1:46 to complete and it is now at 3:16). Running Vista 64bit on an E6600. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    mrlumu

Diamond Member

Re: Test4Theory Run times

Quote Originally Posted by mrlumu View Post
    Trying to complete my 1st wu and it seems to be hung at 94%. Have 51+ hrs in it and the time to completion is growing (was as low as 1:46 to complete and it is now at 3:16). Running Vista 64bit on an E6600. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    mrlumu
    It should run for only 24 hours (exactly). Abort it.

FYI, the % complete is sorta meaningless here. The wrapper really does nothing but launch the VM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Re: Test4Theory Run times

Agree with Zombie67. But you might want to dig a little first to see what happened.

As Zombie67 mentioned the BOINC piece is just a wrapper to start and end the VM. So if you rebooted (say for the Tuesday night MSoft patches) the VM would have been stopped, but when BOINC came back up, the wrapper may have resumed without noticing the VM was no longer running. Because this is a Beta/Test project, the more information we can feed back to the admins about problems, the better it'll be when they deploy it as a stable project. So wee if you can identify a possible cause for your situation and see if there's any info on similar issues in the forums.

All of my Linux systems show Elapsed times for all the tasks right at that 86000 second (24 hour) mark Zombie67 mentioned. That's the way their process has been designed.