Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SETI.USA Bash Brothers Group

Past Administrator

SETI.USA Bash Brothers Group

I just created this group, and it is open for anyone to join who shares the same philosophy on crunching.
    The idea was inspired by S.G., as I watched them add wave after wave of crunchers to the last PG challenge, and they narrowly defeated us. They won because of the last wave of big rigs they could call on to crunch one round, and then return to their pet projects.

Everyone crunches and donates their resouces with different goals in mind. That's something unique about our team. I realized after building the Beerinator, that my goal with crunching is not a personal one, it's a team goal. I'm not really into all this for some personal reason, I'm in it for this team. I want to see our team grow and succeed, holding onto positions we've fought so hard to attain and take new ones over time.

I have made this group for anyone willing to be called in on short notice to defend a position, or make a concentrated push to obtain a higher team rank in any project.
    I am OK with being the only member; it won't hurt my feelings if no one else ever joins. However, I would certainly love to see some others join this group and put "team" first. Just so the goal is clear, the object is not to pull the Bash Bro. off his or her pet project(s) for lengthy periods of time; it is for when the team needs some quick, raw power at it's disposal.
    I hope to create a catchy logo for signatures of all Bash Brothers as well.
    Anyone on this team has my permission to contact me from here on out and ask me to crunch any project where the team rank may be in jeopardy, and I will seriously consider any legitamate request.

Past Admin

Re: SETI.USA Bash Brothers Group

I can certanly understand your arguements!! That´s why I came up with the idea about the cluster in the early days of this team...Same statement...Different approach

Hope you get this going!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28´th December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    I can certanly understand your arguements!! That´s why I came up with the idea about the cluster in the early days of this team...Same statement...Different approach

Hope you get this going!
    I hope we can boost the cluster and get it producing again. I was hoping someone could reach out to the people with the boxes and see what needs to be done.

Add me to this or tell me how to join a group.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I hope we can boost the cluster and get it producing again. I was hoping someone could reach out to the people with the boxes and see what needs to be done.
    Me too. The cluster had some succes a while ago...But after the "comotion" in late 2009 and spring 2010 - it never became the same....

Past Administrator

Just an FYI: There is or was a group one our team that has/had a similar objective.
    From the "Old Board"
    Project Mobilization Force (PMF)

Mission Statement:

The PMF is a group of volunteer SUSA team members who have agreed to forgo their personal crunching goals as the need arises. They have agreed to reallocate a portion of their available crunching resources for PMF mobilizations and all of their assets in emergency mobilizations.

The PMF is not meant to be SUSA’s “main” strike force. The PMF was formed to give SUSA a means to direct large amounts of processing power to a project on very short notice and to help evaluate, strategize, coordinate, and spearhead project or team assaults.
    I like your idea. My main goal is to support TFP-MW@H & Aqua. Since that is accomplished with my i7, I would be willing to lend my other boxes to "The Cause".

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I dont have a lot of processsing power but im in.

Platinum Member

You can count me in too. Right now I only have 4800 GPU's at home and they are all on MW to get the biggest bang. My son has a NVIDIA card and has it on my account doing Collatz. All my 64 bit boxes run AQUA to maximize production. The only thing not going for maximum points are the 32 bit CPU's (Is this a restricted area?) I was hoping to make a splash in a project that wasn't being hammered by the other teams and was doing a good job until they noticed me. RSA. Now they are beating me again, so I don't know how much longer to reamin there. Was told that MW is giving the highest credit for the 32 bit CPU's.

I'm always up for a good fight, I mean competition.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

Thank you all for the positive comments.
    @F$, thanks for the info about the previous PMF. I actually got a nice PM from someone explaining all the past efforts in this direction to me. I am encouraged we can make a difference.

If anyone wishes to add or remove themselves from the group at any time, simply mouse over the down arrow to the right of "Community" at the top of the forum screen. Click on "Groups" and then find SETI.USA Bash Bro.s

We are beginning the long journey to reclaim our former glory. I have no doubt that our team is up to the challenge.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Thank you all for the positive comments.
    @F$, thanks for the info about the previous PMF. I actually got a nice PM from someone explaining all the past efforts in this direction to me. I am encouraged we can make a difference.

If anyone wishes to add or remove themselves from the group at any time, simply mouse over the down arrow to the right of "Community" at the top of the forum screen. Click on "Groups" and then find SETI.USA Bash Bro.s

We are beginning the long journey to reclaim our former glory. I have no doubt that our team is up to the challenge.
    We sure are!!

Shock and awe....Attack, regroup....attack!

Administrator

I find this idea intriguing. My only real personal goal is to become one of the top 10 producers for Seti.USA both in accumulated credit and credit per day on a consistent basis. I’m not a stone chaser since this will happen naturally over time.

For the most part at least for my rigs that will handle it, I load all 48 projects that I currently participate in and let the BOINC manager figure out the rest. I switch over for the challenges and the switch back to my normal routine when they are finished.

I like this idea and I would be delighted to participate in this endeavor; I currently have 13 cores that I can relinquish to the campaign at a moment’s notice.

I shall join this group immediately.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast