Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SETI.USA Bash Brothers Group

Gold Member

Re: SETI.USA Bash Brothers Group

Biggest RAC? Most credits? 1st place in a challenge? They often conflict. For example, I can average 215K/day on AQUA verses only 18K on PG LLR. Is winning a PG challenge worth the 90% loss in credits? That depends how large a lead we have in total BOINC, our position in other projects and how close we are to losing them, how long the challenge runs, etc. I don't believe we are still in a position where our team can remain #1 and compete in all challenges and take #1 in each of those as well. We seem to have many differences of opinion on what our goals should be and the order of importance. Until we can agree on them, we will work together about as well as the Dallas Cowboys - lots of talent but crummy results again and again.

Summary: If it is a high paying project challenge, I'm in.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Silver Member

I am in as well, actually I always participate in the challenges so I guess I'm in by default. Good point there about losing top over all #1 position due to crunching challenges. I think it would take a lot to know how many should participate in the challenges while leaving some of our resources behind. Perhaps we could suggest which type of CPU would be best suited for a challenge then if we were close to winning but needed some extra omph, then we could go all in.

Gold Member

I think it should be the "SETI.USA Teddy Bears" (a.k.a. "The Fuzzy Wuzzies")
    I am Tetsuo!

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Biggest RAC? Most credits? 1st place in a challenge? They often conflict. For example, I can average 215K/day on AQUA verses only 18K on PG LLR. Is winning a PG challenge worth the 90% loss in credits? That depends how large a lead we have in total BOINC, our position in other projects and how close we are to losing them, how long the challenge runs, etc. I don't believe we are still in a position where our team can remain #1 and compete in all challenges and take #1 in each of those as well. We seem to have many differences of opinion on what our goals should be and the order of importance. Until we can agree on them, we will work together about as well as the Dallas Cowboys - lots of talent but crummy results again and again.

Summary: If it is a high paying project challenge, I'm in.
    I agree on this. However I think itīs important to show the world, that we are not a dead fish in the water (so to speak) So I am participating in these last 2 PG challenges, and hope that we make it - so we come out of this as #1 after we have been working this series over that last year!

After that. I say we consolidate our position and production - and focus, focus and more focus!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Oh YEAH! Well I say the guy that started the group can name it whatever he wants! Oh, that was your point, too? Nevermind.
    LOL

Damn character limits... I've got your too short right here pal.
    Last edited by STMahlberg; 11-09-10 at 07:27 AM.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    LOL

Damn character limits... I've got your too short right here pal.
    WARNING: graphic anatomical crudeness ahead:

Hey STM - How did it know your "character" was too short? Did it have one of those new full body x-ray scanners on you?! hehehe...couldn't resist!

I agree with you Beer and Slicker - we need to focus on high production projects to retake the #1 overall slot. It's the only way it will ever happen again.
    If anyone has bothered to look lately, our team is not that big anymore, either. S.G. Has more members, and LAF has over 1000 more than we do. Crunch3r is right - upgrading is a must, but so is recruiting.

I also agree that PG kills our RAC, but we should do our best to take the crown. We only need a strong showing in the last 2 to do it. Then we don't ever have to do a low paying PG again if we don't want to.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    WARNING: graphic anatomical crudeness ahead:

Hey STM - How did it know your "character" was too short? Did it have one of those new full body x-ray scanners on you?! hehehe...couldn't resist!

I agree with you Beer and Slicker - we need to focus on high production projects to retake the #1 overall slot. It's the only way it will ever happen again.
    If anyone has bothered to look lately, our team is not that big anymore, either. S.G. Has more members, and LAF has over 1000 more than we do. Crunch3r is right - upgrading is a must, but so is recruiting.

I also agree that PG kills our RAC, but we should do our best to take the crown. We only need a strong showing in the last 2 to do it. Then we don't ever have to do a low paying PG again if we don't want to.

I have been watching alrigth.....Looks like we are loosing...But I know in my heart that we will return...Maybe we will not be #1 sometime soon....But we will damn sure show them that we are going down figthing!!

Administrator

Just a reminder... this forum is open for all to see.

I was writing a post in response to what Beerdrinker said then checked the forum setting and realized that ANYONE can read this.

For now I think we should forgo our TEAM issues/strategy conversation in here until we have a TEAM Forum, which appears that we don't have one at the moment.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Just a reminder... this forum is open for all to see.

I was writing a post in response to what Beerdrinker said then checked the forum setting and realized that ANYONE can read this.

For now I think we should forgo our TEAM issues/strategy conversation in here until we have a TEAM Forum, which appears that we don't have one at the moment.
    Good observation there!

Platinum Member

Personally, I like having the open forums. One less thing to pay attention to, and avoids any permission issues.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast