+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hail from Tornado Alley, Joplin, MO

HillbillyNinja

Hail from Tornado Alley, Joplin, MO

Hi and thanks for having me. I've heard it said that any club that will have me is not worth joining, but regardless, here I am. I've been a member of Seti@home since 1999 and have over 705,000 credits to my name. However, I've been out of the loop for several years as my enthusiast time with my computers was diminished with the responsibilities of family life. Well, now that the kids have grown a bit and the wife doesn't need as much maintenence it's time for me to get back to crunching.

I know I can no longer do command line classic work units. I have the latest BOINC client up and running on three systems, soon to be four. I just quit my last inactive team littlewhitedogs.

I am a noob vet, if you will. How do I actually join your team?

Cruncher Pete

Re: Hail from Tornado Alley, Joplin, MO

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyNinja View Post
    Hi and thanks for having me. I've heard it said that any club that will have me is not worth joining, but regardless, here I am. I've been a member of Seti@home since 1999 and have over 705,000 credits to my name. However, I've been out of the loop for several years as my enthusiast time with my computers was diminished with the responsibilities of family life. Well, now that the kids have grown a bit and the wife doesn't need as much maintenence it's time for me to get back to crunching.

I know I can no longer do command line classic work units. I have the latest BOINC client up and running on three systems, soon to be four. I just quit my last inactive team littlewhitedogs.

I am a noob vet, if you will. How do I actually join your team?
    Hi HillbillyNinja.

Nice to hear that you have come back to crunching and welcome to SETI.USA.
    You can join our Team by going to SETI@Home page or any project that you have registered and log in to your account. Once your account page is shown you will see on the Right side: "Join a Team". Click on that and in the search menu item that appears type in SETI.USA and click Search. In the result page again Click SETI.USA which appears at the top left of the page and look for and Click: "Join this Team.

Keep on crunching and have a nice day...

Past Admin

WELCOME to the team!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Howdy.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Welcome!

Administrator

Welcome aboard.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Silver Member

Hi how are you. Welcome to the team!

Past Admin

Greetings Program... Welcome, thanks for joining us.

HillbillyNinja

Ok, so I have some simple questions that I hope the answers will point me in the right direction. Which programs should I be crunching? I'm currently on Seti (no work available atm), Einstein at home and PrimeGrid. Good? Bad? Recomendations? Also, which account manager should I be using and are those worth their time to use?

Sorry for the noobness, but I figure the only dumb question is the ones unasked.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyNinja View Post
    Ok, so I have some simple questions that I hope the answers will point me in the right direction. Which programs should I be crunching? I'm currently on Seti (no work available atm), Einstein at home and PrimeGrid. Good? Bad? Recomendations? Also, which account manager should I be using and are those worth their time to use?

Sorry for the noobness, but I figure the only dumb question is the ones unasked.
    Affirmative.
    To answer your question I need to ask one or two.
    *What kind of system do you have as this will determine what projects are suitable?
    *Are you interested more in the science of the projects or just prefer trying everything?

Edit: If you are unsure what type of cruncher to be then may I suggest you take a look at our team divisions sub-forum here ---> http://www.setiusa.us/forumdisplay.php?81-Divisions. This will give you a general idea of what members here on the board like to do.
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 08-28-11 at 08:56 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast