Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $500 power bill yikes!

Administrator

Re: $500 power bill yikes!

If you would just install $50,000 worth of solar panel, you could run those computers for free! You know, free power from the Sun. Go green!
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Diamond Member

Yeha go green and feel like Hulk

Silver Member

My landlord charges me directly for my power.
    No matter how much power I use, he charges me $0.30/Kwh. My highest usage on record was 1057Kw for the month of May 15th to June 15th. This produced a bill of $317. Last month was 953Kw for $285. Meanwhile a friend of mine that lives just five miles away is paying less than $60/month while living in a regular full size house with all the amenities. He's not a cruncher however, so he doesn't have boxes running 24/7 like me.

My house is 240 SqF. I have a dorm size frige, microwave and two computers running 24/7. Propane for the stove and water heater. That runs me at the rate of about the current gasoline prices and the tank is 150gal. They come to fill it once a year and last time is was over $300. The year before it was over $400 and I have to pay that all at once within 10 days or the landlord gets pissy about it. I don't usually have 300 or 400 bucks just laying around and I never know when they are going to come fill the thing. They just show up one day and I find the bill hanging on my doorknob.
    Yo-

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by YoDude9999 View Post
    My landlord charges me directly for my power.
    No matter how much power I use, he charges me $0.30/Kwh. My highest usage on record was 1057Kw for the month of May 15th to June 15th. This produced a bill of $317. Last month was 953Kw for $285. Meanwhile a friend of mine that lives just five miles away is paying less than $60/month while living in a regular full size house with all the amenities. He's not a cruncher however, so he doesn't have boxes running 24/7 like me.

My house is 240 SqF. I have a dorm size frige, microwave and two computers running 24/7. Propane for the stove and water heater. That runs me at the rate of about the current gasoline prices and the tank is 150gal. They come to fill it once a year and last time is was over $300. The year before it was over $400 and I have to pay that all at once within 10 days or the landlord gets pissy about it. I don't usually have 300 or 400 bucks just laying around and I never know when they are going to come fill the thing. They just show up one day and I find the bill hanging on my doorknob.
    Propane stove??? I hope you have good ventalation and a carbon monoxide alarm in your place.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Dr. Dan

With the ac going and all my toys it cost me 586.00 last month. Maybe its time to buy a wind generator..

DD

Diamond Member

Yeha do that.

Green Duke
    Green Duke Restaurant

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Propane stove??? I hope you have good ventalation and a carbon monoxide alarm in your place.
    I do, but propane, I don't think, is any more dangerous than natural gas. I've never had an issue with it anyway.
    Yo-

Cruncher Pete

Hey Yo, I know that you and all of us I am sure are trying to conserve power, but did you have to turn off the lights on your Avatar as well? That bum is a lot darker than before...

Past Administrator

I turned up the lights...

Farie.jpg

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    Hey Yo, I know that you and all of us I am sure are trying to conserve power, but did you have to turn off the lights on your Avatar as well? That bum is a lot darker than before...
    Yeah, I noticed it looked a little dark but I haven't changed it in any way, so I don't know why it should have changed.
    Yo-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast