Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Manassas, VA

murrphys

Hello from Manassas, VA

Hi everyone, thanks for having me. I just recently got back into SETI@home after some ten years and decided to join the team. Cruncher Pete invited me to join, Thanks Cruncher Pete!

Advisor - Stateside Division

Re: Hello from Manassas, VA

Hi murrphys!

Welcome to SETI.USA good to see an old time Doctor Who fan I grew up with Jon Pertwee and mainly Tom Baker as Doctor Who back in the 70's/80's in England.

Bok

Platinum Member

Welcome to the team. Glad you found your way here. Let us know what kind of equipment you are using and we will try to answer any questions you have as to getting the most out of it.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Silver Member

Welcome to the team! Glad you are getting back into the hobby.

murrphys

Bok - yeah I'm the same as you, a huge fan of Tom Baker and John Pertwee, my two older brothers got me into the show when I was a kid. Unfortunately we lost two actors from both of those Doctor's years, Nicholas Courtney who played "Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart" and Elisabeth Sladen who I'm sure you know played, "Sarah Jane Smith". But I have every single Tom Baker episode either on DVD or in digital format, so their memories will live on for me.

I'm also not afraid to admit that another hobby I started was knitting a Tom Baker/Dr. Who scarf. I had to teach myself from youtube videos and a few websites dedicated to making the Dr. Who scarf (yes there are websites specifically for this topic). I'm hoping to finish it before next Halloween (2012). I tried forever to find one on ebay and craigslist, but in the end decided it wouldn't be perfect unless I made it myself.

murrphys

CrazyBob,

RE: My equipment...

MOBO - EVGA X58 SLI (non-SLI & non-OC configuration)
    CPU - Intel Core i7 940 @ 2.93ghz
    RAM - Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
    Graphics - EVGA GeForce GTX 285 1GB
    Enclosure- - Cooler Master COSMOS 1000

Advisor - Stateside Division

Yes, was quite a shock when Elisabeth Sladen died, I've actually met her way back when.

And of course Doctor Who is where my nickname comes from.... Do you know the episode (without looking it up!).

My mom made me a Tom Baker scarf when I was a kid, haven't seen it for years..will have to see if I can find it when I go visit her in England the next time!

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by murrphys View Post
    Bok - yeah I'm the same as you, a huge fan of Tom Baker and John Pertwee, my two older brothers got me into the show when I was a kid. Unfortunately we lost two actors from both of those Doctor's years, Nicholas Courtney who played "Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart" and Elisabeth Sladen who I'm sure you know played, "Sarah Jane Smith". But I have every single Tom Baker episode either on DVD or in digital format, so their memories will live on for me.

I'm also not afraid to admit that another hobby I started was knitting a Tom Baker/Dr. Who scarf. I had to teach myself from youtube videos and a few websites dedicated to making the Dr. Who scarf (yes there are websites specifically for this topic). I'm hoping to finish it before next Halloween (2012). I tried forever to find one on ebay and craigslist, but in the end decided it wouldn't be perfect unless I made it myself.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Hi murrphys!

Welcome to SETI.USA good to see an old time Doctor Who fan I grew up with Jon Pertwee and mainly Tom Baker as Doctor Who back in the 70's/80's in England.

Bok
    +++1 Big time DW & Torchwood fan here so a hardy welcome to the team. And thx CP for inviting our newest member. So murrphys if you have any questions or comments feel free to post.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Yay another Dr. Who fan! Welcome.

Talking about DW shows ones age. I remember meeting Jon Pertwee at a convention when I was a kid. I love the modern DW as well and Torchwood is awesome.

Diamond Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast