Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
How should I alter it with Daylight savings time then? I will not remember to edit the article twice a year, and the UTC time changes, but the time in the Central time zone does not...
For the benefit of those who do not know much about Universal Time Coordinated (UTC), let me briefly explain it. This is a world wide recognized neutral time zone from which all other time zones are derived from. The time is kept in a town called Greenwich in the UK hence the alternative title Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Because of Day light saving in Greenwich itself, the local time there will alter from UTC + or - at the time of commencement or cessation of Day Light Saving. The time in UTC DOES NOT change since it is the neutral time zone. For example, Brisbane, Australia is +10 ahead of UTC. (We do not have DST either). If somebody states UTC time, I just take away 10 hours from it to derive at my local time. However, since I have no idea of the time difference from CST, I have to google it every time and first convert it to UTC than convert it again to derive at my local time. (Yes, I know there are programs that will convert it a lot easier but it will still take time to look up).

This is a piece of piss to a trained soldier or a piece of train to a pissed soldier...