Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CreditNew here?

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: CreditNew here?

Personally I don't care what the Credit at a Project is as long as I get Credit for the Work I do, I do tend to migrate to the better paying Project's though but I will run the lower Paying Project's at times too. It's the same for everybody at a Project so what's the Difference what you get, don't like the Credit then don't run the Project is all you can do.

What I don't like is what is going on at the Voplex Project, all the wasted time spent running the Wu's & getting hardly anything in return for it. The Wu's usually end with a "Error while computing" or "Didn't Need" weird thing is you do get some credit for both ending's at times, really weird ...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Personally I don't care what the Credit at a Project is as long as I get Credit for the Work I do, I do tend to migrate to the better paying Project's though but I will run the lower Paying Project's at times too. It's the same for everybody at a Project so what's the Difference what you get, don't like the Credit then don't run the Project is all you can do.

What I don't like is what is going on at the Voplex Project, all the wasted time spent running the Wu's & getting hardly anything in return for it. The Wu's usually end with a "Error while computing" or "Didn't Need" weird thing is you do get some credit for both ending's at times, really weird ...
    Very true. And I do agree with it. For me the issue isn't the credit any particular project grants but rather a project that has has been giving (X) credit while I was doing work for it/them, suddenly starts granting (Y) credit which equals a fraction of (X). The core issue is that BOINC began with an "Open" policy (whether intentional or not) that allowed a project to grant credit as THEY see fit. DA's plan is to remove that possibility.

This is a tangent but relevant; DA claims to care about the science hence his desire for cross-project/cross-platform parity. If this is so true then why is SETI@Home still running?
    If you check into the full history of that project, which he started, you will discover that it is now a total farce. That project hasn't used any new data in years. And the data that they keep reusing, claiming a new or better detection method for analyzing said data, is a total crock because all of it has already been proven to be completely corrupt and not worth the tapes it is stored on.
    At best DA's stance on the purity of science is hypocritical, at worst delusional. My opinion of him leans towards the latter.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Every 4 months or so, I look at the project at the bottom of my credit list and I feel like I am neglecting it. So I run a few WU's and then get frustrated with the return, and then move back off the project. Repeat.

Platinum Member

Question Re: CreditNew here?

Over a year later, I am wondering, what is our team current position on Rosetta?

Are we just letting it go due to very low credit return and maintain on the silent member base to peck away at it?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Every 4 months or so, I look at the project at the bottom of my credit list and I feel like I am neglecting it. So I run a few WU's and then get frustrated with the return, and then move back off the project. Repeat.
    I had to put a machine on it that I never check so I wouldn't feel so bad. I finally hit my 500K goal. Took a while.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Diamond Member

If I remember correctly, Rosetta was my first 1M project.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Ok, I will just peck at it from time to time.

Gold Member

I still crunch some rosetta on one of my machines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12