Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Growing the Team...

Platinum Member

Re: Growing the Team...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    I took the liberty of posting a link to our new MB on the SETI.USA facebook page....Lastest news on that front where posted in 2008...
    I'm holding off from announcing until we get the domain transferred over...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I did try to lobby the BOINC devs to include a new free format field (subteam) which could be exported and picked up in the xml to allow a much better aggregation of subteams, but it got turned down. I have put some thought into doing it semi-manually using a pre-set string within the username much like LAF do, but there are some fairly major obstacles to doing it. Not impossible though.
    Maybe you should try the political method of lobbying...... A big fat check!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Maybe you should try the political method of lobbying...... A big fat check!
    If I had a big fat check...I think I would go a different route.....THE UPGRADE ROUTE!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

thepossum1

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    For those interested... Here is my progress so far. The members are the ones I've gone through from the other board; unfortunately, not all of them have email addresses listed. The emailed number is the ones that actually have email addresses and how many I have sent. The rest is self explanatory.

As of Date 11/11/2010

Members 190
    Emailed 121
    Undeliverable 10
    Responses 1
    Wow--deja vu all over again lol

Kudos to you!!!! I know it's labor intensive. This is what SargeD & I used to do. We got quite a few, but not sure how many lasted for the long haul. Heck, I kept crunching but didn't participate on the boards for a long time-well until now. Am clueless though as to how to get people interested in catching the crunch bug on a major scale again. If I had more time, I'd spend it looking for that clue.

And assimilating ( resistance IS futile) that has always been the stumbling block for others teams who've been approached--losing their identity AND all their hard earned stats. I'm lost as to what Bok & DrPop said about fields and all that and LAF's work around for gaining other teams but keeping their old team names in their usernames so they keep all their goodies. Probably out of the question to just ask them huh?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thepossum1 View Post
    Wow--deja vu all Iover again lol

Kudos to you!!!!
    Trying to do what I can... I'm not being selective; I'm just going down the list and emailing everyone that has an email address so eventually you're probably going to get an email.

One thing that did catch my eye was the email for Top Viking no longer works.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

I'm looking forward to getting my email from you, STM!

Some good news: my brother just came for a visit and said he's cool with leaving his dual core on for us - he doesn't have a real GPU (we should say "yet"!) but he is crunching the PG challenges under my user name, then will leave the computer on to crunch whatever we need after December - I'm thinking one more dually crunching AQUA 24/7 can't hurt!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting my email from you, STM!

Some good news: my brother just came for a visit and said he's cool with leaving his dual core on for us - he doesn't have a real GPU (we should say "yet"!) but he is crunching the PG challenges under my user name, then will leave the computer on to crunch whatever we need after December - I'm thinking one more dually crunching AQUA 24/7 can't hurt!
    It will probably be awhile DrPop, since I started at Z and am working backwards.

It's always great to have one more system online.
    Last edited by STMahlberg; 11-15-10 at 12:11 AM.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

As of 11/15/2010

Members: 739
    Emailed: 505
    Undeliverable: 39
    Responses: 3

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    As of 11/15/2010

Members: 739
    Emailed: 505
    Undeliverable: 39
    Responses: 3
    ....and what have the responses been?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    ....and what have the responses been?
    Wendy1847 told me that she want's to come back but she doesn't have a computer that can run Bonic.

And, the other 2, well...

Were Possum and Triggl:

thepossum1 - told me my email went to her junk mailbox... which now makes me wonder if that's going to happen to most of them. I am sending each one individually, since I figured that if I had multiple recipients that it would trigger a spam filter.

And... Triggl - Told me I was using the wrong link. Sorry; that has been corrected.

I'm hoping even if they don't reply that perhaps they will check out the link and sign up.

Edit:

Apparently GMail has a daily sending limit and I just hit it; I'll have to continue tomorrow.
    Last edited by STMahlberg; 11-15-10 at 08:23 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast