Thread: Bonic stopped downloading new WU

Bonic stopped downloading new WU

This week my bonic has stopped downloading WU. I checked the advance/preferences tab and don't see anything under the connections checked off.

When I hit update button on different projects it says in the log its not requesting new work. The queue empty.

Past Administrator

Re: Bonic stopped downloading new WU

Things to try/do...

1) Reboot your system just to be sure.

2) Make sure you are running the current stable version of BOINC which is at present 6.10.58. If not then try updating to it.

3) In BOINC Manager (BM), go to the Menu and click Activity. Make sure either "Run Always" or "Run based on preferences" is selected.
    *Note: If BM is set to "Run based on preferences" go to Menu > Advanced > Preferences... In the popup window select the "Processor Usage" tab and make sure "While processor usage is less than" box is set to 0 (Zero) and then click the OK button.

4) In BM click the Projects tab and look at the Status column (Far right column) make sure your projects are not listed as suspended and/or Won't get new tasks.

5) While still on the Projects page highlight all your projects and click the "Reset Projects" button on the left side of the page under the Commands section.

6) Reboot your system again and run BM. If you still cannot get new wu's then do the following:
    *A) In BM go to Menu > Advanced > Options. Click the "General" tab and make sure the checkbox for "Enable Manager exit dialog" is selected then click the OK button.

*B) In BM go to Menu > File and click Exit. The "Exit confirmation" popup will appear. Select the checkbox for "Stop running science projects when exiting the Manager" and click the OK button. This will insure that BOINC is completely shut down for the next step.

*C) Open your Windows file manager (Explorer) and navigate to your BOINC Projects folder. The default install location is C:\Program Files\BOINC\Data\Projects. Highlight ALL the folders in the "Projects" folder and delete them.
    Example: If you run the FreeHal project there will be a folder labeled "freehal.net_freehal_at_home"

*D) Reboot your computer (again) and run BM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Re: Bonic stopped downloading new WU

Thanks for the excellent reply.
    I've done step 1 & 2.
    The other stuff is where I needed pointers. I'll try when I'm back at home.