Thread: Duke the menace

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

Are you there?

Who, me!
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

With Pope Francis expected to release a major statement on climate change on 18 June, researchers and religious scholars are weighing in on what they expect the statement to say—and debating how much impact it may have.

Diamond Member

Dude Crush

Smoke is such a mysterious subject to shoot. It’s really unknown as to what your going to get until you start shooting and later look at what you’ve captured. The smoke can create the most interesting shapes and take on familiar forms. Below are great examples of this process. What forms can you see the smoke assume?

A nice study about smoke on photography more on http://www.thephotoargus.com/30-ethe...e-photography/

Diamond Member

In December 1844, it was founded on the initiative of José Bernardo da Costa Cabral, the Company of Public Works, one of the main objectives the construction of a railway between Lisbon and Spain, and a railway and maritime interface in the Portuguese capital ; this season, it would be called Pier of America or Pier of Europe, allow passengers by train from all over Europe direct transfer onto cruise ships bound for América.

The original plan to build this interface defended its installation in Memorial Pier; however, in December 1852, the Thomas Rumball engineer proposed two alternatives, with the casting of Lisbon, or near the Largo do Intendente. Another engineer, Harcourt White also rejected, in January 1853, the option of the soldiers Pier, stating that there was, in that place, enough space to build the station; instead, he suggested that it was located next to the river, after the Church of the Angels in Xabregas where, at that time, there was very clear. An executive committee was appointed to plan the construction of the Lisbon station, which proposed the installation of this building in the area of ​​Obidos Conde Rock, with capacity for passengers and freight; one of the lines continue to the nearby customs of Lisbon, in the Palace Square, where it would be built another estação. The construction of the rail link to Spain started up this year, in order of Fontes Pereira de Melo,

The final draft for building the Memorial Pier was approved by the Government on March 8, 1854; this plan had different railway stations for passengers and goods, workshops for repair, stables to house the rolling stock, and several service roads. For the passenger building, it had already been obtained in 1852 the former Convent of Santa Apolónia but it would be necessary to demolish Arsenal Army, which at the time there was. It began, of course, the construction of a rail link and a marginal wharf for goods to the Customs Lisbon and, for this, need to gain ground on the Rio Tejo.

However, when it opened the first section of the Eastern Railway Track, between Carregado and Lisbon on 28 September 1856, it had not yet started the construction of this station, and the terminal was installed in a provisional building next to the Palace of Coimbra.

The project was carried out by Angel Arribas Ugarte, and the work was conducted by engineer-director, João Evangelista de Abreu, and the chief engineer, Lecrenier. The building was carries out by Oppermann construction company. The station was opened on 1 May 1865. In 1873, enters the service the first line of American cars in Lisbon, connecting the Santa Apolonia station to Santos.

Hosted between 1967 and 1989, the international service TER Lisbon Express, which made the connection between the Portuguese capital and Madrid.

In December 2007, the station was connected to the network of the Lisbon Metro (Blue Line).

The Mayor of Lisbon, Antonio Costa, defended in 2008, the station was to close the railway business and move to serve the cruise terminal.

The Councilman of Urbanism from the Chamber of Lisbon, Manuel Salgado, defended, 'a vision of the future', the closure of the Santa Apolonia train station to make way for a green space that links the Tagus river.

Are you mad Manuel Salgado?

Diamond Member

I like this site a lot of interesting things and comments.
    http://www.automation.com/

Diamond Member

“I am the miracle.”

Buddha

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

Oscar Wilde

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be”

Lao Tzu

Diamond Member

Sumatra, Indonesia
    A resident put pesticide in a field while watching ashes of Mount Sinabung volcano during an eruption in Tiga Serangkai village on 24 June.

Diamond Member

Food and more food a nice commercial to see
    http://www.msn.com/pt-pt/noticias/ot...=mailsignoutmd

Diamond Member

Portugal 5 - Germany 0
    Soccer
    On the access to the European final of U21 against Germany after winning Group A with a victory against England (1-0) and draws against Italy (0- 0) and Sweden (1-1).
    VERY NICE

Diamond Member

Revenge is often like biting a dog because the dog bit you.

Austin O'Malley

The neck on which diamonds might have worthily sparkled, will look less tempting when the biting winter has hung icicles there for gems.

Samuel Lover

I thought of America as Natalie Wood and Bob Wagner sprawled on the edge of a Hollywood swimming pool biting into the same red apple.

Bharati Mukherjee

Page 114 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast