Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke the menace

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

"The value of things is not in the time that they lasts, but the intensity in which they occur. Because of that, there are unforgettable moments, inexplicable things and incomparable people. "
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

STOLEN DREAMS

I am a storyteller, I do it by images and words but mainly by the imagination of the listener, I built all the details by instict, I was always that way and cant remember beeing any other way.

You see, I love to imagine the eyes of the listener wide open while drinks the story. That is what storytellers do, bridges made human dreams to give on every story a lesson, that is our gain, we give the story and in it a bit of ourselves but we always want to plant a dream on others minds.

Storytellers are always a threat. They threaten all champions of control, they frighten usurpers of the right-to-freedom of the human spirit -- in state, in church or mosque, in party congress, in the university or wherever.

All stories (most of them stolen here and there) have a curious and even dangerous power. They are manifestations of truth -- yours and mine. And truth is all at once the most wonderful yet terrifying thing in the world, which makes it nearly impossible to handle. It is such a great responsibility that it's best not to tell a story at all unless you know you can do it right. You must be very careful, or without knowing it you can change the world.

Let us go forth, the tellers of tales, and seize whatever prey the heart long for, and have no fear. Everything exists, everything is true, and the earth is only a little dust under our feet. I need to take to each mood his heaven, hell, purgatory and faeryland. I need to make the beast cry and touch the heart of the rock, I need to to awake what is sleeping and put to sleep what is awaken.

The person of everyday and in the end ... we are all chidren listening in wonder, forgotten of the person we were just a while ago and we are amazed again ... for a small while of ethernity we are the story.

That is what storytellers do ...

Ricardo Ferreira

Diamond Member

We put more than 400.000.000.000.000Kg of Carbon Dioxide since then.

Diamond Member

If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss, then our lives will be empty and our loss would be greater. Unless your heart, your soul, and your whole being are behind every decision you make, the words from your mouth will be empty, and each action will be meaningless. Truth and confidence are the main roots of happiness.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength, is it the empty vessel that makes the biggest noise?

And so life goes on, full and empty, or as William Shakespeare use to say: "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion, even when dressed of science or bigger opinions of the most respectable men, they are also atoms and empty space and nothing else more.

Diamond Member

One of life's most painful moments comes when we must admit that we didn't do our homework, that we are not prepared.

Merlin Olsen

Diamond Member

“All the lonely people, where do they all come from? / All the lonely people, where do they all belong?”
    From the Song Eleanor Rigby

The Beatles

Diamond Member

Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.

Mitchell Kapor

I can't in good conscience allow the U.S. government to destroy privacy, Internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building.

Edward Snowden

Big Empires collapsed by the whispers and so will Internet surveillance. We cant fight big Empires on a clash war or with technology. It is by the power of the whispers that things will die. It is a pity that no country are on the way to defend freedom and so give power to dictators and installed corporations. In the darkest shadows of the corridors of power they started this but will be by the light of the whisper from the mouth to the ear that will fall.

It were not the barbarian armies that defeated Rome but the power of the whisper that drain Rome and his citizens faith, their faith on the Empire and on his power.

Great empires need great ideals because they need a constant provision of blood flowing, given by his own citizens for the sake and power of the Empire.

Always it was, always it is and always it will be.

It is the power of the whisper that drains the force and trust on the leaders and finally on the Empire people are not ready to give their blood if they are treated like enemies and spied like enemies.

Someone Like Me
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 06-15-14 at 05:54 PM.

Diamond Member

Diamond Member

People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.

—Zig Ziglar

Diamond Member

The spread of civilisation may be likened to a fire; first, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power.

Nikola Tesla

Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast