I started to to deploy a highly optimized versions of applications. For supported platforms, they brings a significant increase in performance. Currently following classes are implemented:
  • For Intel CPUs:
    • ppro - for PentiumPro
    • p2 - for Pentium II and Celeron based on Pentium II, working in 32 bit environment,
    • p3 - for Pentium III, Pentium M, Core, Core2, Core i7 and others based on them, working in 32 bit environment,
    • p4 - for Pentium 4 and others based on it, working in both the 32-bit and 64 bit environment,
    • core2 - for Core2 and others based on it, working in 64 bit environment,
    • corei - for Core i7 and others based on it, working in 64 bit environment.
  • For AMD CPUs:
    • k7 - for Athlon, Duron, Athlon XP, Sempron, Athlon 64, Phenom, APU, based on the Bulldozer core and the others based on them, working in 32 bit environment,
    • k8 - for Sempron, Athlon 64, Phenom, APU, based on the Bulldozer core and the others based on them, working in 64 bit environment.

If you see that there is available optimized application for your computer but for some reason you do not get it. Or worse, you get an applications that is not compatibility with your computer fill out a thread on the Bugs forum or send me a private message. I also encourage you to share the results of the performance of these applications on the Number crunching forum.

More...