Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help i cant ge to the boxes

Past Administrator

Re: Help i cant ge to the boxes

Oh man, that is killer! Sounds awesome, you got a heck of a deal with a CPU that O/Cs that good and then BIOS flashing your 6950s to 6970s! What a great day for your RAC and for Team SETI.USA! Many thanks, my man.

Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    Update:

Finally flashed both 6950's and was successfull. They now have the same shader count as the 6970 WOOT... Still havent overclocked em yet gonna give them a little more time to burn in with the new shader's enabled and make sure its working correctly..
    Can't remember the last time I was flashed

Friend of SETI.USA

What kind (Brand & Model) 6950 did you buy ???

Silver Member

Took a huge risk on the Diamond 6950PE52G since they sell two Dif versions on the same sku.. I figured for 210 each with a 5 year warranty I took the risk and got lucky. Received two reference models instead of there dual fan version. SUPER HAPPY

Silver Member

Update: well things are still sitting on a shelf and the casing is cold and empty. When i first planned this system i didn't consider having two video cards but things change right... So purchased a 750w to replace the 650w hopefully this will be more then enough. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151087 The reason for this was im having such an issue keeping moo running at 95%+ not sure if its lack of power or something else im doing wrong. a few pics to show you what i mean.
    Capture.jpgCapture2.jpg
    I doubt the power supply will make a change but atleast i will have more power then needed.

Past Administrator

Please let me know on that! It's exactly the kind of problem going on with my bro's rig, running 1 HD 5870 on Moo! -- it gives that same problem where the %GPU usage bounces all over the place. Very strange, I never had that problem on any of my rigs before.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Please let me know on that! It's exactly the kind of problem going on with my bro's rig, running 1 HD 5870 on Moo! -- it gives that same problem where the %GPU usage bounces all over the place. Very strange, I never had that problem on any of my rigs before.
    I have also been seeing this on my I7 rig as well. It started about a month ago. Nothing I do will get it to run at 99% like it used to. I only run 6 wu's and leave two available for the gpu's. Still looks like Coro's Pic above. I even ran F$ program to find the faster core. All was well until a month ago. I'm going to blast this whole machine and do a clean install after the challenge see if that helps.

Diamond Member

Moo has started a new app maybe you are having problems with it.

Past Administrator

Ah, maybe it is not on our end, then at all? If Moo! changed something, then it is on their end. Yes - it was Christmas time when I noticed this behavior on Brandon's rig - so 1 month ago.

Don't bother to "give it cores" - as you found out, it doesn't help it go to 99% anymore. I tried everything from 100% to 50% on the CPUs in BOINC, and it didn't make a bit of difference. So in the end, I left Brandon's rig crunching on 100% of the cores, because I figured may as well.

The way these projects are running, I think Collatz is looking better and better...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Moo has started a new app maybe you are having problems with it.
    Thanks Duke for this bit of info. It explains much.

I too have been having problems with Moo but in a different way. It started last weekend. My desktop started having VPU error fits on my 5830 and now it has gotten so bad that I had to stop crunching with it. But I thought it was an issue with my MB as its NB chip is defective. It might still be that the card is slowly dying and the new app just made it apparent. I'll now for sure after the challenge.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast