Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DistRTgen: WU handout stop (likely 2+ weeks)

Past Administrator

Re: DistRTgen: WU handout stop (likely 2+ weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean they are done. Besides the fact that I like the project, I'm only 1 day away from hitting my 50 Million MM.
    After rereading Dirt's news thread and the quote posted by Ste\/e I think Dirt will continue with BOINC. What the project admin was referring to was public access to the actual database. That is what they are shutting down. I presume that they hope to find a way around this hurdle at some point in the future.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Philadelphia

Re: DistRTgen: WU handout stop (likely 2+ weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    After rereading Dirt's news thread and the quote posted by Ste\/e I think Dirt will continue with BOINC. What the project admin was referring to was public access to the actual database. That is what they are shutting down. I presume that they hope to find a way around this hurdle at some point in the future.
    I hope that is correct, I'd hate to think that it would be forced to shut down as a result of banks that we had to bail out. The banks didn't have a 'misunderstand' when they took our money to bail their asses out. Big government at its' worst.
    Last edited by Philadelphia; 12-10-11 at 12:23 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234