Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DistRTgen: WU handout stop (likely 2+ weeks)

Past Admin

Re: DistRTgen: WU handout stop (likely 2+ weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    They completed okay but didn't Validate, they will probably get validated eventually as quel run's the script ...
    I took a hit as well. seven in total. I hope your right about them getting validated. we''ll see.

Friend of SETI.USA

Filled my Caches this morning but so far almost everything is being marked Invalid after finishing successfully ... I posted in the DIRT Forum to alert them about it ... Sometimes I think this Project is more of a PITA than it's worth ...

Past Administrator

... I posted in the DIRT Forum to alert them about it ... Sometimes I think this Project is more of a PITA than it's worth ...
    I agree, but then I am forced to admit that PG credits have dropped off in a very significant way. What is the deal with low credits? Why can't they just throw us a bone here. . . It's all imaginative points anyway, and it's not like it's hurting anyone to foster the competitive crunching atmosphere by giving decent credits for your project!

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I agree, but then I am forced to admit that PG credits have dropped off in a very significant way. What is the deal with low credits? Why can't they just throw us a bone here. . . It's all imaginative points anyway, and it's not like it's hurting anyone to foster the competitive crunching atmosphere by giving decent credits for your project!
    To make a long story short the PG Project claims we are only doing half the work with the GPU's that we were doing before thus 1/2 the Credit ...

Past Administrator

To make a long story short the PG Project claims we are only doing half the work with the GPU's that we were doing before thus 1/2 the Credit ...
    That is because they have a strange definition of the word work. According to their postings since the current search being performed by the project only produces half the number of results, they should reduce granted credit. The TRUTH is that the current search is only half as EFFICIENT as the previous one. Which by the way is not OUR fault. A farmer doesn't pay a hired hand half wages when the number of acres plowed per hour is cut in half because the rain turned everything to soggy mud.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

LOL! That was a good one. Yeah, well I'm sorry if their code sucks - I mean, my GPUs aren't any "less good" at crunching than they were 6 months ago, so I'm not sure why PG is throwing me less efficient code to work? I don't get all the BOINC politics anyway...you would think a hobby would be for fun and no one would get ruffled but apparently it's not the case.

On a GOOD news note: I just looked at the DrPop rig here and I see CUDA work from DiRT! Yippee!

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I took a hit as well. seven in total. I hope your right about them getting validated. we''ll see.
    I had over 500 Invalids an hour ago but now I have only about 60, my Credits went up by about 4 Million+ in the last hour too ...

Past Administrator

I had over 500 Invalids an hour ago but now I have only about 60, my Credits went up by about 4 Million+ in the last hour too ...
    4Mil in one day? Whew! I am glad he is running the script manually, that would have been way too much to just take a hit on.

Past Admin

This project makes good on the work people do. Got to give them props. for that.

Friend of SETI.USA

Yes, so far I've trusted them to make good & they mostly have, the few Wu's I did lose doesn't matter much because the Project still pays about double Per Hr what the PG Project pays now ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast