Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Project

Gold Member

Re: The Project

F$, sorry about that. I would never have sent them to you if I knew they were junk. Real bummer. I hope we can salvage this somehow. I'll keep my eyes open at work for an old p4 mb. I have a bunch of old dell cases in the basement. I'll see if I can dig something up.
    Give him a week to see if this new mb works. I am hoping it will.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    F$, sorry about that. I would never have sent them to you if I knew they were junk. Real bummer. I hope we can salvage this somehow. I'll keep my eyes open at work for an old p4 mb. I have a bunch of old dell cases in the basement. I'll see if I can dig something up.
    Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Give him a week to see if this new mb works. I am hoping it will.
    @Mike029: Dude, no worries. Its completely understandable. And like I posted before I am really sorry about the shipping cost as that bothers me way more. Besides, I do enjoy a good challenge and I dig troubleshooting. There is always something new to learn.

Thanks to another generous contribution from Joker an Abit IS7-E MB is on its way. This sorta fits the whole Seven of Nine theme anyway. Borgs were meant to have replaceable parts and she has some mighty fine parts...

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Thanks for the comments.
    Yeah, its going to stay orientated like that. I like the idea of having all the I/O ports at the front. To keep the flying dust bunnies at bay I will be adding a clear acrylic cover along with (2x) 120mm Silverstone FN122 or Enermax UC-12EB case fans mounted at the back end when funds permit.
    I was about to say. Make sure there's adequate airflow because the wood is going to hold heat in. We have that problem with radio racks in cabinets in airplanes.
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I was about to say. Make sure there's adequate airflow because the wood is going to hold heat in. We have that problem with radio racks in cabinets in airplanes.
    I had forgotten about that but I had already planned (serendipitously) to seal all the wood with an epoxy filler and epoxy paint. The filler medium will help to mitigate heat transfer because it makes for a decent insulator. The epoxy itself won't help diddly with heat but will add a ton of strength and scratch/ding resistance to the wood.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Update:

The package from joker (lousy cellphone pic cuz I was too lazy to grab the camera)

So we have proof of joker's citizenship in Nerdom.... The NewEgg box! All good citizens of Nerdom shop there. (Now back to our regularly scheduled programming)

It is another day of "Good news - Bad News"

Good News: Jokers MB (Abit IS7-E) is now reunited with Jokers CPU

Bad News: The AGP slot on the MB is in a different position (Need to cut new holes for video card)

Good News: The IC7-G IO shield fits the IS7-E to a T. (Hey, I didn't know it but I'm a poet)

Bad News: The MB does not like my ECC RAM

Good News: Got the MB to POST properly (w/ATI)

Bad News: DrPop's nVidia GeForce 7300 is dead

So that was my emotional roller coaster ride for this morning...

.........(Tune in next time for more adventures in "A TechMages journey through Nerdom: The 2bit Kingdom")

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I am not a nerd! Baby steps...if it worked right out of the box, it would not be Borg. So does this mean that you need another AGP video card?

Past Administrator

I am not a nerd! Baby steps...if it worked right out of the box, it would not be Borg. So does this mean that you need another AGP video card?
    Yeppers. Got me eye on this feller here GeForce4 MX440 64MB AGP 8X.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Well, I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Radeon-980.../dp/B000BATAXC sitting on my desk which I will never use, I can ship it to you if you want to save a few bucks.

Past Administrator

Well, I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Radeon-980.../dp/B000BATAXC sitting on my desk which I will never use, I can ship it to you if you want to save a few bucks.
    Dude! That would be awesome. Aesthetically it fits Sevens looks which is totally Kool.
    And again Much Gratitude. You are "Da Man" (Along with Mike029 and DrPop)

----------------
    Now playing on Winamp: Disturbed - Indestructible (Uncensored)
    via FoxyTunes

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Sweet! She just might make the final PG Challenge after all, Fire$torm!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast