Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's got the CS:S love?

Past Administrator

Who's got the CS:S love?

Anyone else beside me consider Counter Strike, and especially Counter Strike Source one of the best games of all time?

Past Administrator

Re: Who's got the CS:S love?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Anyone else beside me consider Counter Strike, and especially Counter Strike Source one of the best games of all time?
    Ha! de_Dust, de_Dust2, fy_Iceworld, cs_Office, de_Aztec, de_Prodigy, cs_Italy, cs_Assault, de_Vertigo, awp_Heat, and cs_Estate are among my favorite CS maps. You just had to get me started.........

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Oh my of all the lan parties i used to attend that was the favorite of em all...

Gold Member

Oh man, the memories. I used to pay for hours.

And yes I was an awp whore and constantly got banned even though I never cheated.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Oh man, the memories. I used to pay for hours.

And yes I was an awp whore and constantly got banned even though I never cheated.
    HACKSORE!!!! LOL j/k. I have a friend who used to get consistent headshots with a Deagle (aka Desert Eagle). He could only play on servers run by people that knew he didn't cheat because all the mambie pambies would cry hacker. His Nick was OnesHot IIRC.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Yeah, there were definitely some really awesome players and you usually could tell who was wallhacking and who had an aimbot just by the way that they played. Took me about an hour to warm up and then I would get into 'the zone' and go like 30-2. I tried playing not too long ago, but I just didn't have it anymore and got pnwed.

Past Administrator

I know how you feel. I played very little CS in the last year and a half. Started playing a LOT of Day of Defeat aka DoD (That WWII mod of Half-Life), then last May started playing WoT World of Tanks exclusively. I love mechanized warfare.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

There is a set of servers I still like to play, run by -eGO- and they have a sweet level that one of their guys made called "high school". They also have a good Office and Dust2 server. I don't get on much any more, especially with no rigs at the house, but every once in a while . . . I get the feeling I need to go blast some Terrorists out of the water, LOL!

So...if I like CS:S, what would be another good game to try one of these days?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    There is a set of servers I still like to play, run by -eGO- and they have a sweet level that one of their guys made called "high school". They also have a good Office and Dust2 server. I don't get on much any more, especially with no rigs at the house, but every once in a while . . . I get the feeling I need to go blast some Terrorists out of the water, LOL!

So...if I like CS:S, what would be another good game to try one of these days?
    Well, Day of Defeat. The play action is somewhat different. For one there is a stamina meter so jumping and sprinting will burn through it and you have to slow down to allow it to recharge. No flash bangs (they didn't exist during WWII). Weapon action mimics RL better than CS. Example: the sniper rifle wavers just a tad in scope view. DoD does have something CS doesn't... Machine Guns!!! The Axis have two, with one of spitting out rounds like the A-10 Warthog, and the Allies have the Browning .30 Cal. Also unlike CS switching to a heavier weapon doesn't reduce your speed.

Another good one is CoD:MW but since its not a Half-Life mod its not free.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I think I'm going to pretend this thread doesn't exist or I may find that I suddenly have no more free time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast