Thread: PrimeGrid: The Winter Solstice Challenge - Final

Diamond Member

PrimeGrid: The Winter Solstice Challenge - Final

The Winter Solstice is here!!! The yule log, filled with factors, is making for a very bright night. This has been a very successful Challenge not only for PrimeGrid but also for the entire Riesel prime search community (benefactors of the k*2^n-1 that's also sieved). Once again, a new single day record was set during the final Challenge of the year. A hearty thanks and a warm appreciation for all those involved. Over 2.86P of sieve work was crunched in ~318K tasks resulting in just over 1B cobblestones awarded. This is again a continuing legacy for Ken Brazier's tpsieve* port to the GPU. (*originally developed by Geoff Reynolds in collaboration with Ken Brazier) Congratulations to Sicituradastra. as the top team and STE\/E as the top individual. For more stats and information, please see this forum post. This concludes PrimeGrid's 2011 Challenge Series. Overall final results will be posted in a couple of days. Thank you to everyone who participated this year. We wish you a Happy Holidays and hope to see you next year!

More...

Past Admin

Re: PrimeGrid: The Winter Solstice Challenge - Final

Congrats to Ste\/e on number one and to everyone for 2nd place.

Diamond Member

Re: PrimeGrid: The Winter Solstice Challenge - Final

I am sorry I couldn't help but the usual waves that my work usually comes this time is a really tsunami. Even Today in History failed 2 days.

Duke