Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 560TIx2: What is a reasonable OC?

Past Administrator

Re: 560TIx2: What is a reasonable OC?

That's awesome you got the O/C! Sorry, for a late answer, haven't' been on in a while. We're driving down to my Grandparents' place for the New Year tonight as well.

That seems about right on the volts - I have my regular GTX 460s running at 1024 volts and 900 clock / 1800 memory. So the 560 Ti should definitely hit the 950 range since it's a little more refined and efficient.

Did the O/C help any of the times? I know it makes a huge difference on the 460 series as far as the speed of things. They don't have as many CUDA cores as some of the larger cards, but if you run them fast, it kind of makes up for some of the difference, I think.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Did the O/C help any of the times? I know it makes a huge difference on the 460 series as far as the speed of things. They don't have as many CUDA cores as some of the larger cards, but if you run them fast, it kind of makes up for some of the difference, I think.
    Good think you asked! I just looked, and the times shot up from ~35 minutes to ~80 minutes. I will have to investigate and report back.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Good think you asked! I just looked, and the times shot up from ~35 minutes to ~80 minutes. I will have to investigate and report back.
    All of the GTX 4xx & 5xx Series will Downclock if they don't like the Overclock you give them. You can always try more Voltage to see if they hold the Overclock but more voltage brings more heat to the cores & increases the Wattage use too ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-01-12 at 04:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12