Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Radeon HD 7970 Quad CrossFireX Stomps...

Past Admin

Re: AMD Radeon HD 7970 Quad CrossFireX Stomps...

Quote Originally Posted by Tank_Master View Post
    i got simap running, but LHC and NRG have work atm also, so doing those as well...
    Sounds good. Thanks for anything you can spare.

Friend of SETI.USA

I ordered 2 of the XFX 7970's last night from tigerdirect.com, they had them in stock (out now) & I usually get anything I order from them the next day if I order by Noon or in 2 day's anyway. They already shipped last night so I should have them tomorrow afternoon. I decided to go ahead and get 2 now & if I like them possibly 2 later on when better models come out. I'm so anemic in the ATI Dept & needed some more ATI's & now that I waited for them to come out I may as well get a few for now anyway & wait & see what NVIDIA has to offer hopefully in the mid-year ...

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I ordered 2 of the XFX 7970's last night from tigerdirect.com, they had them in stock (out now) & I usually get anything I order from them the next day if I order by Noon or in 2 day's anyway. They already shipped last night so I should have them tomorrow afternoon. I decided to go ahead and get 2 now & if I like them possibly 2 later on when better models come out. I'm so anemic in the ATI Dept & needed some more ATI's & now that I waited for them to come out I may as well get a few for now anyway & wait & see what NVIDIA has to offer hopefully in the mid-year ...
    Congrats Steve. Keep us posted on their performance vs your 5870.

Friend of SETI.USA

Will do, I'm a little leery right now though, sometimes these New Generation Cards don't work right away at the Projects. I remember sending some back because they wouldn't run the Wu's & the Projects didn't have any Idea when they would be able to ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Check out the NVIDIA Fan Boy Review: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131452

Pros: Slightly faster than a nVidia 8800 GTX

Cons: Is easily destroyed by nVidia GTX 580

Other Thoughts: Well what can I say, a real disappointment, dis card get stomped by nVidia last gen, nViidia be the champ, ATI be the loser, and the card gets hot, by this I mean it is too hot to touch, why I can't pick it up without burning my hand? If I have animal in house I can't let it close to card very dangerous.

Please go nVidia it is the only true solution for gamer.
    No way can the Card be as bad as he say's, I have 580's & 590's too & they get hot, especially the 590, I've had 8800 GTX's too & their extremely slow compared to today's Cards.

Personally I've never been a Fan of either ATI or NVIDIA, I've had plenty of both & like both & just go with what gets me the best results without Dissing either ...

Gold Member

Personally I've never been a Fan of either ATI or NVIDIA, I've had plenty of both & like both & just go with what gets me the best results without Dissing either ...
    The voice of reason.

Being a fanboy makes no sense to me. I go with the best product for my needs.

Past Administrator

Check out the NVIDIA Fan Boy Review: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131452.........
    LOL, Newegg deleted his review. Guess they allow only so much BS to be posted, thankfully.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Yeah, some people write reviews & don't even own the Cards ...

Platinum Member

So at Nvidia's press conference yesterday, nothing was said about Kepler. They just went on and on about Tegra 3, which is pretty impressive, but doesn't help us out :/

Past Administrator

Ah, bummer then. OK, it looks like for the time being, the high end 7000 series from AMD will be where the best GFLOPS / Watt is, right? Can't wait to see when and what price the dual GPU version of this baby debutes at!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast