Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prima. Running Stable Again. Second Best Credits for CPU

Past Administrator

Re: Prima. Running Stable Again. Second Best Credits for CPU

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I've never used BAM, tried it years ago but too many screw up's ... I use either BOINCView or BoincTasks to control my Box's ...
    Yeah, the only reason I use BAM is to control resource sharing allocation. Its the only way that I am aware of that has that feature. I use BM or BOINCView for everything else.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Maybe the two of us should make a decent run at Prima.? We are only small timers...Letīs have some fun!!
    I'll give it another try for a few days. Looking at the top hosts, the credits aren't as good as on PG's PPS app (over 15K per day with my i7) which is almost triple what the top i7 is getting on Primaboinca. I'm not saying the credits at Primaboinca are rotten, but I know I can get more than 6K per day on both PG PPS and on Collatz. So, I have a feeling it should be retitled "Third Best Credits for CPU". Only time will tell...
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I'll give it another try for a few days. Looking at the top hosts, the credits aren't as good as on PG's PPS app (over 15K per day with my i7) which is almost triple what the top i7 is getting on Primaboinca. I'm not saying the credits at Primaboinca are rotten, but I know I can get more than 6K per day on both PG PPS and on Collatz. So, I have a feeling it should be retitled "Third Best Credits for CPU". Only time will tell...
    lol, ok.

Can you please let me know if that is what your seeing with your I7? I'll change it right away and tell everyone looking to max out to go to Collatz or which PG PPS LLR or Sieve?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    lol, ok.
    Can you please let me know if that is what your seeing with your I7? I'll change it right away and tell everyone looking to max out to go to Collatz or which PG PPS LLR or Sieve?
    Here's an i7 950 just like mine running Collatz CPU tasks: http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz...ames=0&state=3
    86,400 seconds per day / 10,944.46 average seconds per WU * 378.89 average credits per WU * 8 threads = 23,928.73 credits per day.

Here's an i7 950 on PrimaBoinca: http://www.primaboinca.com/results.php?hostid=11633
    86,400 seconds per day / 6357.57 average seconds per WU * 200.00 average credits per WU * 8 threads = 21,744.15 credits per day.

Here's my i7 950 on PG PPS Sieve: http://www.primegrid.com/results.php?hostid=233537
    86,400 seconds per day / 97,526.49 average seconds per WU * 3,371.00 average credits per WU * 8 threads = 23,891.31 credits per day.

In other words, the 64-bit Collatz app and the 64-bit PG PPS Sieve both pay about 2K per day more than Primaboinca on an i7 950. Dirt still pays more than any of them when it is up and running.

Note: For 32-bit operating systems, PrimaBoinca pays better since the 32-bit Collatz and PG apps only pay about half as much for the 32-bit apps as the 64-bit apps.

Past Administrator

Ah, man...why didn't I know this? Do'h! I would totally have been running Collatz on the CPU if I knew it was that good. All my OSes are 64bit, so I'll be there in between the challenges! Looks like there's nothing better than it beside DiRT - and they have been quite out and down for the count this past month or so.

Past Admin

Here's an i7 950 just like mine running Collatz CPU tasks: http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz...ames=0&state=3
    86,400 seconds per day / 10,944.46 average seconds per WU * 378.89 average credits per WU * 8 threads = 23,928.73 credits per day.

Here's an i7 950 on PrimaBoinca: http://www.primaboinca.com/results.php?hostid=11633
    86,400 seconds per day / 6357.57 average seconds per WU * 200.00 average credits per WU * 8 threads = 21,744.15 credits per day.

Here's my i7 950 on PG PPS Sieve: http://www.primegrid.com/results.php?hostid=233537
    86,400 seconds per day / 97,526.49 average seconds per WU * 3,371.00 average credits per WU * 8 threads = 23,891.31 credits per day.

In other words, the 64-bit Collatz app and the 64-bit PG PPS Sieve both pay about 2K per day more than Primaboinca on an i7 950. Dirt still pays more than any of them when it is up and running.

Note: For 32-bit operating systems, PrimaBoinca pays better since the 32-bit Collatz and PG apps only pay about half as much for the 32-bit apps as the 64-bit apps.
    The runtimes in the Prima seems kinda high for me...Will look into that a little later....Gotta go rigth now...
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Gold Member

The runtimes in the Prima seems kinda high for me...Will look into that a little later....Gotta go rigth now...
    Could it be the Primaboinca's linux app is a lot slower than the windows app?

Gold Member

The numbers are in. http://www.primaboinca.com/results.p...ames=0&state=3

That's my own machine. 86400 seconds per day / Primaboinca average WU time of 7042.33 seconds * 200 credits per WU * 8 threads = 19,629 credits per day. So, I still do better on Dirt, PG PPS Sieve, and Collatz making Primaboinca #4, at least for 64-bit operating systems that is.

19K is still really good compared to most other BOINC projects, but I'll take the extra 20% PG and Collatz award. Sure wish DiRT would come back though....
    Last edited by Slicker; 01-19-12 at 09:42 AM.

Past Admin

Could it be the Primaboinca's linux app is a lot slower than the windows app?
    Well. The one you link to is running Prima 7.06 app....I am running Prima 7.05 app - not sure what the diff. is though
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Gold Member

Well. The one you link to is running Prima 7.06 app....I am running Prima 7.05 app - not sure what the diff. is though
    7.06 is the current Linux version. 7.05 is the current Windows version. My most recent post showed my Windows maching running 7.05 and it was even slower than the Linux version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast