Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download problems

Platinum Member

Re: Download problems

We would have all had mega credits by now if it was still running the way it used to with multiple WU's at a time.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    We would have all had mega credits by now if it was still running the way it used to with multiple WU's at a time.
    I'm not sure I follow. I am running 12 non-cpu-intensive tasks at a time on my 12 core machine (for example).
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. I am running 12 non-cpu-intensive tasks at a time on my 12 core machine (for example).
    He's talking about when multiple VM's where allowed, Guys were getting 100k+ a day Per Box from the NCI Wu's & went Ballistic when Tobias restricted the VM's to 1 Per Box. I still think some of the Guys fudge on the VM's at the Project, when I was on the SICI Team 1 Guy couldn't come near me at a regular CPU Project but would put out 5 Times what I would at the FreeHAL Project ... go figure
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-19-12 at 04:08 PM.

Gold Member

I've been having a lot of issues with FreeHal recently where it tries to upload and fails and then waits and tries again, and does it for several hours and since it never downloads more until after it has uploaded and reported stuff my computer doesn't run anything for Hal in the meantime. Is this common?

GalaxyIce

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    I've been having a lot of issues with FreeHal recently where it tries to upload and fails and then waits and tries again, and does it for several hours and since it never downloads more until after it has uploaded and reported stuff my computer doesn't run anything for Hal in the meantime. Is this common?
    Yes it's a common problem for all. I've been getting the same. The FreeHal server goes down or there is a problem there which can last for days, weeks, once for 6 months. Well, they took the system down for some months one time. Just have to wait until it will take updates again.

GalaxyIce

FreeHal is up and running again and accepting updates again.

Platinum Member

Thanks for the update. Now to get to all the boxes.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I would love to be running more than 8 at a time on my multi core machine. I have it set to run 1 instance per core. Why do I only receive/run 8 work units at a time on a 24 core system?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
    I would love to be running more than 8 at a time on my multi core machine. I have it set to run 1 instance per core. Why do I only receive/run 8 work units at a time on a 24 core system?
    By any chance are you using the cc_config.xml file? If so do you have a line in there ---> <ncpu>8</ncpu> ?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    By any chance are you using the cc_config.xml file? If so do you have a line in there ---> <ncpu>8</ncpu> ?
    I will check it out as soon as I get home. Thanks F$

Edit Nope not using that File F$ any other ideas?
    Last edited by kaptainkarl1; 03-09-12 at 01:26 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast