Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello

Gold Member

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Your graphics card. Do you know what type you have? If not, no problem. You using a desktop or laptop computer? What is the name and model of your computer? Then I may be able to tell if you have one that can crunch Boinc.
    I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series on a desktop.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series on a desktop.
    Do the same as before only this time count five down and add Collatz. The go to the collatz website at http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/index.php , click on "Your account". Then click on "Collatz Conjecture Preference" , select "Edit Collatz conjecture preferences, set "Use CPU" to no hit "update preferences" and you are done. Now you will get some real good credits.

Silver Member

Hiya Karyn, I am always happy to see new folks. Thank you for joining in our cause for the WCG challenge this is just awesome, we are curently in 3rd and hope to hold that position with your help. We won 1st place so far for two challenges SETI and SIMAP also we are in the process of getting ready for the PG challenge if your interested should be a big show down. Also remember you dont have to crunch for these projects if you don't want to this is a crunch what you want team. If challenges intrest you then join in with us as we compete against other teams, If your after points we have a subteam that list which projects pay the most, if your interested in milestones we have a subteam setup for that or if your just a casual cruncher and just want a place to hang out then welcome aboard.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Do the same as before only this time count five down and add Collatz. The go to the collatz website at http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/index.php , click on "Your account". Then click on "Collatz Conjecture Preference" , select "Edit Collatz conjecture preferences, set "Use CPU" to no hit "update preferences" and you are done. Now you will get some real good credits.
    Check "Use GPU" if you want work for your HD 57xx graphics card. If you want to crunch other projects with your CPU so that you only get work for your video card, uncheck the "Use CPU".
    CPU = central processing unit
    GPU = graphical processing unit (a.k.a. video card)
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

GalaxyIce

'bout time I said hello to you Karyn. "Hello"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyNote View Post
    'bout time I said hello to you Karyn. "Hello"
    Yeah, I was really wondering when you were going to, here I was getting disappointed, but now I feel much better
    Hiyas Galaxy, a friend from across the pond!

GalaxyIce

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    Yeah, I was really wondering when you were going to, here I was getting disappointed, but now I feel much better
    Hiyas Galaxy, a friend from across the pond!

Hi Artemis, yes, I'm on the other side of the pond but no stranger to the USA. I have aunts, uncles, nephews, a sister and various other family over your way, mainly in Arizona. Last time I was there I visited the Grand Canyon and couldn't see past my nose, the fog was that thick. But then how many people can say they have (barely) seen the Grand Canyon in winter fog? Hey, come on, I got in for free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123