The good news: They implemented a multi-threaded app! Run times are much smaller now, with lots of cores. Love it!

The bad news: The credits have gone from bad to horrible. It uses CreditNew still, so it is impossible to tell what is going on. My theory: The wrapper system it uses is somehow messing with the CPU time value, and under-reporting CPU time as if it was a single CPU app. So you are using all (say) 8 cores, for (say) an hour, and it is awarding credits as if it was a single CPU being used for an hour. Read more about it here, if you want.

Both apps are still available (MT and non-MT), but there is no way to manually chose one or the other via project preferences. Yoyo asked DA how to do this, and DA said there is no way. The BOINC server is sending everyone the MT app. The only way around this is via anonymous platform.

So I need some help, please. Can someone please write an app_info.xml file? It is beyond me. The application itself is the same for both MT and non-MT, actually. But it uses a wrapper, and I just don't know how to do all that in an app_info.xml.

FYI, we are still in the #1 spot. And now that everyone's production has been cut WAY down due to the MT app, us (just me?) getting back to the non-MT app would be an easy opportunity to increase the lead.