Thread: New Member - SpaPal

SpaPal

New Member - SpaPal

Just popping in to say hello. FYI crunching is a great way to prod your spouse on buying a new rig ^_^, for science! I already want to build another : /

User Name: SpaPal
    CPID: 5d026e773dea3a4c3e9493c3516b94f2

I wonder if there is any optimization on the software side that I should have done?

http://www.gpugrid.net/hosts_user.php?userid=84378

GalaxyIce

Re: New Member - SpaPal

Hi SpaPal, good to see you here. Nice tactic with the spouse. Mine is not interested in IT at all but I finally brought her round to trying out a netbook and bought her one. Rignt now I am having a hard time squeezing out a few extra WUs on it for current SIMAP competition. "It's mine, stop wearing it out with that boinking stuff!" she cries

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyIce View Post
    ..."It's mine, stop wearing it out with that boinking stuff!" she cries
    Hahaha! I seem to remember a similar remark from Kim about "wearing out the fan in her poor little laptop!" hahaha!!!

Gold Member

Hello back at you, welcome to the boards.

Past Admin

Welcome Spapal..

Past Administrator

Hello there. Glad you found us. Make yourself at home.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Welcome!

Silver Member

Welcome SpaPal! Glad to see you found your way here. You'll find that as soon as you build a computer you're looking at stats and then wanting to build another one. It is definitely a fun hobby that also helps science A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyIce View Post
    Hi SpaPal, good to see you here. Nice tactic with the spouse. Mine is not interested in IT at all but I finally brought her round to trying out a netbook and bought her one. Rignt now I am having a hard time squeezing out a few extra WUs on it for current SIMAP competition. "It's mine, stop wearing it out with that boinking stuff!" she cries
    Hey my wife has the same attitude.... She doesn't see the need for it even though she works in the medical field and I explained that quite a few projects are medical related...

SpaPal

My wife didn't believe me until I showed her the projects and she approved of crunchers getting some attributed credit for published research on GPUGRID. Though it helped that she is a clinician interested in research but still took a few extra yards of "see I told you"

GalaxyIce

Quote Originally Posted by SpaPal View Post
    My wife didn't believe me until I showed her the projects and she approved of crunchers getting some attributed credit for published research on GPUGRID. Though it helped that she is a clinician interested in research but still took a few extra yards of "see I told you"
    At the end of the day I say that this is a way I have to use my computers to contribute to science, and right now it's the only way I have.