Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DistRTgen: BOINC is up and running again

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: DistRTgen: BOINC is up and running again

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Well, I have 2 systems on it.

My Win7 64bit PC with an ATI card and BOINC 6.13.6 is not validating. (No ATI tasks I can see, all CPU.)
    My Ubuntu Linux 11-04 64 bit with an nVidia card and BOINC 6.12.32 is validating everything. (Both GPU and CPU.)
    I've got just 3 Box's on it & all Validating, 2 that I reverted back to 6.12.34 & a Linux Box with Ubuntu on it, I'm going to wait for now & see if they Upgrade the Server to accept work form the 7.0.xx Clients ...

Past Administrator

If I'm not mistaken upgrading the server software will put that project under the "CreditNew" system. OH joy..........

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

I had to downgrade 3 of my machines that have ATI and Cudas in them to get them to validate. I do have 1 machine with 2 GTX 570s that is working without any problems running 7.0.11. Go figure.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I had to downgrade 3 of my machines that have ATI and Cudas in them to get them to validate. I do have 1 machine with 2 GTX 570s that is working without any problems running 7.0.11. Go figure.
    Is the ATI paying better than Moo? Or is Moo still the way to go?

Administrator

Unless something has changed, Moo pays much better than DirT for ATIs. In those 3 boxes I have the ATIs on Moo and the Cudas on DirT

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Unless something has changed, Moo pays much better than DirT for ATIs. In those 3 boxes I have the ATIs on Moo and the Cudas on DirT
    +1
    Unless this new Donateathome thing holds up. Beats Moo with my 5870's. I know you still have few of these running Bryan. I can't get it to run on my 5970 tho. I'll work on a fix tomorrow. May just be the drivers are a bit old on the 5970.

Gold Member

I haven't done any gpu crunching with linux, only cpu. Is there a best distro for gpu crunching? You know, one where you don't have to fiddle with drivers too much? It will be my HD 6970 box.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    +1
    Unless this new Donateathome thing holds up. Beats Moo with my 5870's. I know you still have few of these running Bryan. I can't get it to run on my 5970 tho. I'll work on a fix tomorrow. May just be the drivers are a bit old on the 5970.
    You certainly could be right, but it won't work for me. I've never been able to put both ATI and Cudas on the same project. The scheduler in BOINC is so stupid it will wind up filling one card or the other over time till it reaches the project maximum and letting the other run dry. It is really frustrating to see the Cuda out of work and BOINC keeps asking for ATI wu or vice versa! I talked to Slicker and he said the problem was with the scheduler.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    I haven't done any gpu crunching with linux, only cpu. Is there a best distro for gpu crunching? You know, one where you don't have to fiddle with drivers too much? It will be my HD 6970 box.
    Nope. Linux w/GPU always means fiddling with drivers. I have some links for ATI hardware on Linux including an overclocking utility w/GUI. I'll try and find them for you.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast