Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DistRTgen: BOINC is up and running again

Gold Member

Re: DistRTgen: BOINC is up and running again

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    You certainly could be right, but it won't work for me. I've never been able to put both ATI and Cudas on the same project. The scheduler in BOINC is so stupid it will wind up filling one card or the other over time till it reaches the project maximum and letting the other run dry. It is really frustrating to see the Cuda out of work and BOINC keeps asking for ATI wu or vice versa! I talked to Slicker and he said the problem was with the scheduler.
    Updating the drivers did not work. I mentioned this in the other thread as well. Both of my cards are ATI's one is the 5970 which is I.D'd as a 5870 in Boinc and a true 5870. It will not use the gpu or the cpu I even shut down WU & FreeHal. Nothing.

Administrator
    Did I miss something? Are you trying to run DiRT on an ATI card? I wasn't aware they had an ATI app.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    If I'm not mistaken upgrading the server software will put that project under the "CreditNew" system. OH joy..........
    That's nothing a few lines of code doesn't fix. After the server goes through all the CreditNew shananigans, and then right before it writes the CreditNew value to the database, you just interject your own value.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    Did I miss something? Are you trying to run DiRT on an ATI card? I wasn't aware they had an ATI app.
    Doh!! Wrong thread. Sorry

Friend of SETI.USA

The Project has Updated the Server to 7.0.7, I tried some with 7.0.11 and they Validated ...

Diamond Member

Nice I will restart the project. Thanks for the update Steve.

Administrator

I've noticed a problem since the server upgrade but I don't know if it is coincidental or a problem. I had downgraded to BOINC 6.12.34 when they had the validation problem and everything worked fine. Since the server upgrade, my 3 machines that have both ATI and Cuda cards keep asking DirT for ATI wu which of course it doesn't supply. So where the cache should hold at 100 wu it starts dropping. I don't know what happens if the cache actually runs dry but I had to detach/attach one machine that had dropped to 17 wu. It seems strange that 3 different machines would experience the same problem all of a sudden. My machine with 2 Nvidia GPUs holds at 100 wu.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just my problem?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I've noticed a problem since the server upgrade but I don't know if it is coincidental or a problem. I had downgraded to BOINC 6.12.34 when they had the validation problem and everything worked fine. Since the server upgrade, my 3 machines that have both ATI and Cuda cards keep asking DirT for ATI wu which of course it doesn't supply. So where the cache should hold at 100 wu it starts dropping. I don't know what happens if the cache actually runs dry but I had to detach/attach one machine that had dropped to 17 wu. It seems strange that 3 different machines would experience the same problem all of a sudden. My machine with 2 Nvidia GPUs holds at 100 wu.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just my problem?
    I'm still using BM 6.10.58 on all my quad systems, one nVidia & one ATI each, and I'm not seeing any of that. With all the problems you guys are having with the newer BM's I'm sticking with what I have. For me POEM w/OpenCL just isn't worth all that grief.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

I just deattached/attached and things started working correctly again. Powerblade said that he had just increased the cache size to 200 per computer. I'm wondering if maybe those 3 machines asked for Nvidia work, the project said it didn't have any, and then the BOINC scheduler screwed up and started asking for ATI wu.

I've never had a problem with 6.12.34 so this was something new that just happened.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast